UK Supra - No Engine Bay Strut

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris, A90 Edition Supra
Mine didn't come with them, but was one of the first UK launch editions.

I can remember speaking to one of the Toyota guys at the preview day for those that pre-ordered and was told that they'd left stuff like that for the after market. Specifically on the struts I think they said that the handling without it was fine for most users, but they added the mounting points for people to add their own if they wanted.

It might be a Toyota thing as my GR Yaris also didn't come with one, but had the mounting bolts already in there and I was able to order the part from Toyota themselves.
Sponsored

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Mine didn't come with them, but was one of the first UK launch editions.

I can remember speaking to one of the Toyota guys at the preview day for those that pre-ordered and was told that they'd left stuff like that for the after market. Specifically on the struts I think they said that the handling without it was fine for most users, but they added the mounting points for people to add their own if they wanted.

It might be a Toyota thing as my GR Yaris also didn't come with one, but had the mounting bolts already in there and I was able to order the part from Toyota themselves.
2021MY and on in other markets got them stock. 2020 launch is not applicable as it was never an option anywhere.

OP
OP
Supra_UK_

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Thanks for all the replies.
Glad to hear that generally most of you seem to agree/confirm that the handling isn't impacted much (I'm never tracking mine anyway). I mostly want them for aesthetics only.

kappa_md

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86 GR, Toyota GR Yaris, Honda Civic Type R
The 2023 Manual GR Supra still has the older 335bhp B58 engine in other regions of the world and the 382whp B58 engine is mostly sold in North America & Japan, etc. The front stock strut bars were included when the engine bumped into 382whp.

Probably the reason why stock front strut bars were not included if you have the 335whp engine :oops::rolleyes:
Sponsored