Weird RPM display issue

Ozzy8690

First Name
Ozzy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
14’ Turbo Ultramarine FRS, 2020 Downshift Blue Supra 3.0 premium
I searched this up a couple times but didn’t seem to find anyone with the exact same issue. Let’s get a couple details out the way first. I am running a catless AMS downpipe with a BM3 OTS stage 2 e30 tune. Today I went on a short ride to grab some food and on the way back home I’m cruising around 30-35mph on comfort/regular mode and full auto mode and I’m getting to a stoplight when I look down at the tachometer the display reads 6th gear 5k rpm!!! I instantly panic thinking the car is somehow revving by itself but I notice there isn’t a noticeable sound to accompany the high RPM read out. So I think it must be something wrong with the digital tachometer. The light turns green almost as soon as I get there and the display reads 2nd gear but the rpm is now climbing slowly at around 6k rpm. I continue to drive normally and the shifts are going just fine but by the time I’m back at 35-40mph, the tachometer is holding steady at the redline but in 6/7th gear. I continue driving normally and the tachometer begins to make its way back to the RPM the car is ACTUALLY at. After it reached that point the issue went away. Anybody know anything about why the display would be climbing RPMs but the car itself isn’t running at those RPMs?
Sponsored