Windshield Crack Repair - Safelite and other options?

Vuuduu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Searched and didn’t see any comprehensive threads on the topic outside of small opinions and posts.

A small rock chip on my windshield caused a hairline crack. :mad:

IMG_1233.jpeg

Was wondering if anybody had any quotes and experiences for getting this repaired? Anything to look out for such as rain sensor calibration, etc?

It’s pretty annoying and not so much a hindrance to drivability. Pretty disappointed considering how I try to baby the car outside of high-speed driving.

I’ve never had a windshield replaced before so this whole experience is new to me.

Any advice and comments would be appreciated.
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I'm on my fourth windshield as track use has not been kind to them.

I used Safelite for all replacements. Home installation as well. They have done a good job. This last windshield I had to pay for myself since I broke so many in such a short time. I opted for non OEM glass this time to save some money but won't do it again. The non OEM glass pits SUPER FAST compared to OEM if you can believe it.

Safelite will do the camera calibration. In fact, they charge an absurd amount for something that takes 5 minutes tops, but if it's covered under insurance, whatever.

It cost $1,216.38 for this last replacement, $450 of which was the calibration fee.

OP
OP
Vuuduu

Vuuduu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm on my fourth windshield as track use has not been kind to them.

I used Safelite for all replacements. Home installation as well. They have done a good job. This last windshield I had to pay for myself since I broke so many in such a short time. I opted for non OEM glass this time to save some money but won't do it again. The non OEM glass pits SUPER FAST compared to OEM if you can believe it.

Safelite will do the camera calibration. In fact, they charge an absurd amount for something that takes 5 minutes tops, but if it's covered under insurance, whatever.

It cost 1,216.38 for this last replacement, $450 of which was the calibration fee.
Holy moly. That’s crazy how soft the glass is. :confused1:

Thanks for the reply! Much appreciated.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Holy moly. That’s crazy how soft the glass is. :confused1:

Thanks for the reply! Much appreciated.
Also, if you are anal like me, I would suggest taking as many bits off the car that is needed to replace the windshield so there is less chance of them messing shit up.

I took off:
Both gloss black A-pillar covers. These are super easy to take off.
Both wipers (need a wiper puller)
The big plastic piece at the base of the windshield under the hood.

At the very least, I would take off the A-pillar covers as they tend to scratch if you breathe on them wrong.
Sponsored