2019 Toyota Supra Prototype Reveals Production Intent Design/Parts

Who do you think is behind the wheel of the Supra?

• White guy

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Asian guy

Votes: 23 63.9%

• Total voters

Sunspot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I like big rear ends and I cannot lie.
how much of that camo is affecting the aero? Still it was moving

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been going over all the little details of the mules since they were first spotted - after being disappointed by how bland it looked compared to the FT1.

It was then I noticed just how many bolted and riveted-on panels the mules have - and I have made the few following shops just to demonstrate how much of the car is still truly hidden:

Areas in white or green are, from what I can tell, body panels. Smooth lines, no rivets, things seem to line up:

o2W35tv.jpg

iOzT5gh.jpg

As you can see, there's camo on the bonnet/hood, the whole front bumper, most of the doors, the whole rear bumper, rear quarters - the lot. Look for bad panel gaps and rivets. It's all there.

There could be an active spoiler under there, who knows.

Also, look closely at these two pictures. You can just see the edges of the real bodywork underneath - and it shows just how much bulk the camo panels are hiding:

QutHyki.png

tjKrKCM.jpg

Apologies if this is common knowledge, and the photoshops are shit, but I saw other threads pointing out fake panels - and I'm dead certain they missed a few.

I think there's something far edgier than we think hiding under there - especially given the C-HR is preview of Toyota's new design language, and it looks very aggressive - it makes sense the successor to the Supra should look at least as angry.

Last edited:

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
if you were a longtime lurker then you should know none of this is new :dunno: of course the styling will be reminiscent of the FT1 but for some people, including myself, the proportions of the body has been questionable.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
My point is people are still making assumptions about how it will look, despite the fact that 90% of the bodywork is covered in fake plastic.

Other threads are still unsure what's fake and what's real ref. Spotted in US thread

Yes it's not wild like the FT1, but it's got that much camo on it...

Certainly not new news by any stretch, but people are still missing the fact that less than 10% of the body panels are showing.

Last edited:

mas921

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Several RWD's
while i agree with HKz this is no news, thanks for putting out in a separate thread, and i hope it becomes a sticky till the Tokyo Motor show in a couple of months. from all the hate this car already getting; it seems that a lot of people don't realize the fake body panels thingy..

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
I find it odd that only one prototype seems to have the production head/tail lights. If the car was that far along that they were testing the production spec pieces that they'd want them on all the prototypes wouldn't they?

supra85

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GT86 with Volk 37 SL wheels
Perhaps it is also possible that the car as above in the picture becomes a supra and the cars with the new LED lights and new rear lights becomes an FT-1. Comparing times the old Nissan Gtr with the new, then they all have a common, the same taillights.
Therefore, I assume that the new supra will have similar taillights as the old supra mkiv.
Sponsored