2022 GR SUPRA Stock to track/Street ultimate build

Awad

First Name
Awad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra
I am new so sorry if this is a bit rough never did this before ! So I wanted to create a thread of me doing changes and problems I have faced and what I did to solve it with the goal of helping as many people as possible go through the path of least resistance when deciding to mod/upgrade their Supra !

so I am in Canada,

here are some stock numbers with semi worn tyres :

4AC6663D-386D-428D-A750-0A118A2C4A0C.png

As you see I am running a solid 12.4 1/4 mile as a baseline to all my work the current mods in the Supra are

1- Custom designed downpipe with the help of my friend we achieved a non CEL high flow catted downpipe Iā€™ll explain why later .
2- Eventuri intake as I do believe it will be the best choice
3- tomei Type D titanium exhaust
4- Weight reduction from speakers and parts changed

Currently my car is weighing at a solid 3,315lb
My goal weight is 3,000 Lb which will be achievable by changing seats + panels inside to Carbon Fiber ! As seats are 90LB each as well as battery being really heavy and panels inside too .

reason with going with a non catless downpipe is #1 noise #2 street regulation #3 car currently locked and did not want a CEL current cell rating is 300 Cell and itā€™s very high flow we tested this on a 2020 Supra vs a non catted and difference was 0 HP ā€œ mind you itā€™s not a 800HP tune ā€œ

tomei type D exhaust , is in my opinion the best exhaust for the Supra on the market itā€™s full titanium , amazing quality and piping diameter is correct only issue is fitment they way I fixed my fitment was buying a 1$ 3/4ā€ metal ring from home depot that stop the tomei from sliding off the rubber grummets .

currently I am waiting for winter to end and will be running JB4 or hopefully a state side unlock happens so that I can unlock my ECU targets for this build will be 600WHP at 3,000 LB with proper Aero ! If you have any questions feel free to ask below.

side note : cad was able to keep up with PURE 800 tuned Supra , Mclaren 570s on rallys which was extremely impressive they were faster but we kept up too well.

38E95CD1-505E-47F5-8B8C-69125EDFFC61.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Awad

Awad

First Name
Awad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra
You only trapped 93mph stock? :-/
Yes ! Car is stock no tune , no JB4 and stock tyres and wheels and it was done on the street as well on less than perfect conditions

OP
OP
Awad

Awad

First Name
Awad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra
Hahha didn't even notice that. Yea, must have slammed on the brakes or something before the 1/4 mile.
I deff did , it was on the streets ! A little sketch after winter Iā€™ll try again without letting off when I lower it car should be a bit faster prob gain .2 seconds

OP
OP
Awad

Awad

First Name
Awad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra
Update : here is also a 100-200 Draggy run in less than ideal conditions as well temperatures are low .
F341751A-2D41-4799-AFBE-ACAC660CEF81.png

OP
OP
Awad

Awad

First Name
Awad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra
When you say track, do you mean driving fast in a straight line and only using the steering wheel if something happens and you are pointed towards the walls, or do you mean a track with turns and you turn the steering wheel as part of going fast?
I donā€™t really care much about dragging, itā€™s good for baseline specs / aero figures but I mean track build as in a circuit with turns ! I have been racing ever since I was 10 I am 23 now . Iā€™ll be joining pretty much any event I can next season in Canada

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I donā€™t really care much about dragging, itā€™s good for baseline specs / aero figures but I mean track build as in a circuit with turns ! I have been racing ever since I was 10 I am 23 now . Iā€™ll be joining pretty much any event I can next season in Canada
Awesome, look forward to your updates!

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
When you say track, do you mean driving fast in a straight line and only using the steering wheel if something happens and you are pointed towards the walls, or do you mean a track with turns and you turn the steering wheel as part of going fast?
Hopefully, the better one, and not the silly, curvy, twisty one where there aren't four to five figure cash prizes every weekend.

OP
OP
Awad

Awad

First Name
Awad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra
Hopefully, the better one, and not the silly, curvy, twisty one where there aren't four to five figure cash prizes every weekend.
In Canada most prices for events Arenā€™t crazy ! However i donā€™t really care about that as much I look at the sport as a hobby that I enjoy anything other than the near death experience at every turn is extra šŸ˜‚

• Love
Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
Awad

Awad

First Name
Awad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra
Thereā€™s no E-85 or fuel grade above 94 in Canada. How do you plan to make 600whp?
That is correct , we have 2 choices either bigger turbo which is extremely iffy right now or the choice I like more which is I am working on a custom pressurized tank for Water meth injection but using port injection and not through throttle body as having it through throttle body might starve other cylinders build needs to be fast and reliable .
Sponsored