NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
So many of you have been reaching out with questions regarding my A91, from the wheel part numbers (will post shortly) but the most common seems to be regarding the exhaust so I took a few videos showing it off as well as some sound clips from the HKS carbon intake (open box) Overall I would say that my 2020 was still noticeably louder then this 23, but compared to some of the 21/22's I have heard this seems to have a few more pops and bangs when driving it pretty hard, so letting off at redline, or close too will get you a few nice loud crackles and pops, not many so called gunshots anymore, but every once in a while you will hear it. I think the largest difference is the actual volume itself is pretty quiet, the tone seems like it is more muted, granted I did turn fake sound off right away, but the difference between valves open and valved closed besides the burbles, seems very minimal, you hear the change at idle slightly but with actually revving it, it is hard to tell, makes me think they have followed bmw's lead and made it so that the valves are closed more often then not, because every once in a while in sport I will get a nice fruity sounding down shift, but other times it sounds pretty tame. Next week Active Autowerke will have the car to do some testing and changes to their catback exhaust, as well in a few weeks a company I Have been working with will be sending me one of their prototype 4 inch V band Single exits to play with. Then my AWE touring resonated will probably find it's way back onto the the car. In regards to a full review, I am still trying to get more seat time, I am at close to 600 miles with the car and have avoided any serious mods (besides the intake) to get a nice solid 1,000 miles with the car as is to give an honest, and detailed review. Till then here is the stock exhaust:

Sponsored

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Rude, no replies wow

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
Desperate for some attention now that you don't have a yellow Supra? LOL

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I never even saw this thread until now! Love the color man. Car sounds great! Can't wait to see the progress on it!

S2k2mk5

First Name
Umer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Cu Later A91MT, 2004 S2K 2007 S2K
Thank you for sharing!

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
So many of you have been reaching out with questions regarding my A91, from the wheel part numbers (will post shortly) to the most common seems to be regarding the exhaust. I took a few videos showing it off, as well as some sound clips from the open-box HKS carbon intake.

Overall I would say that my 2020 was still noticeably louder than the 23. Compared to some of the 21/22s I have heard, this seems to have a few more pops and bangs when driving it pretty hard. Letting off at the redline, or close too will get you a few nice loud crackles and pops. Not many gunshots anymore, but every once in a while you will hear them.

The tone seems like it is more muted (ASD off), but the difference between valves open and valved closed, aside from the burbles, seems very minimal. You hear the change at idle slightly, but with actually revving it, it is hard to tell. Makes me think they have followed BMW's lead and made it so that the valves are closed more often than not.

Every once in a while in sport mode, I will get a nice fruity-sounding to downshift, but other times it sounds pretty tame.

Next week, Active Autowerke will have the car to do some R&D on their catback exhaust. In a few weeks, a company I have been working with will be sending me one of their prototype 4-inch V band Single exits to play with. Then my AWE touring resonated will probably find its way back onto the car.

In regards to a full review, I am still trying to get more seat time. I am at close to 600 miles with the car and have avoided any serious mods. After 1,000 miles I'll give a more in-depth review.

Untill then here is the stock exhaust:

I made this readable for you. I'll invoice you for copy editing.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I really like the soft BOV/diverter valve with the HKS intake. Is there much of a BOV sound factory?
Sponsored