2024 Supra possible diff leak

ky.supra

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I did two diff fluid changes, on my car and my friend's car. Pretty quick procedure, give or take 10 minute job. I pour back the old fluid into the quart bottle and seems to be a little over half a quart upon inspection. I hit 40k miles last week, 2 track days last year and this is my first diff fluid change.

IMG_1477.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
I did two diff fluid changes, on my car and my friend's car. Pretty quick procedure, give or take 10 minute job. I pour back the old fluid into the quart bottle and seems to be a little over half a quart upon inspection. I hit 40k miles last week, 2 track days last year and this is my first diff fluid change.

IMG_1477.jpg
Thanks for the photo, Kevin. So, the fluid capacity is a bit over 1 liter, meaning half of that is left behind?

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you take the black weight off it's cake to get to. The weight takes like 50 seconds to get off, if that.
Go you know what bolt size that is for the dampener?

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Just keep driving and my guess is there are 68 to 70 more drops of diff lube to weep out before its happy.

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just keep driving and my guess is there are 68 to 70 more drops of diff lube to weep out before its happy.
It looks like you have experience. :thumbsup:

S2k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
I’ve not read pages 2-19, but is this a 20 page thread on a diff leak where no one has yet taken out the diff plug to see if it’s over/under filled? (Toyota/owner/anyone?)

Seems like something simple you would want to know before continuing to drive the car around, but sure I have missed something from pages 2-19. 😀👍

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I’ve not read pages 2-19, but is this a 20 page thread on a diff leak where no one has yet taken out the diff plug to see if it’s over/under filled? (Toyota/owner/anyone?)

Seems like something simple you would want to know before continuing to drive the car around, but sure I have missed something from pages 2-19. 😀👍
Hush with your logic.

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

I spoke to a BMW shop tech with many years of experience with ZF transmissions. I described to him exactly what has and is happening regarding leakage of diff fluid.
He told me to keep an eye on the leakage rate. The amount that has leaked is probably 1/2-ounce.
Apparently, that is no cause for alarm. I will check the level, soon.

Question: I believe the rear central jacking point is the diff. Is that true? I plan to buy the tools I will need, drive the car up on home-made wooden ramps, then jack up each end before sliding a Rhino ramp under each tire.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Question: I believe the rear central jacking point is the diff. Is that true? I plan to buy the tools I will need, drive the car up on home-made wooden ramps, then jack up each end before sliding a Rhino ramp under each tire.
Yes.
Screenshot_20220409-225302_YouTube.png
Sponsored