AWE or HKS in terms of noises, pops and loudness on stock DP?

FromSTIto2023Supra

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium Supra
Still debating on which exhaust to get... Wish I could hear these things in person it would make things 100x easier since YouTube does not help much.

I saw an MK5 with a tomei dual exit and thought the sound was perfect and I have seen a lot of comments say it is obnoxious but I did not think it was. It was on stock DP too but the supposed cracking is what steers me away from that exhaust.

In terms of loud with a stock DP which one do you guys recommend?
Sponsored

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23ā€™ 3.0 Base
I have a pretty long thread about the Injen setup. Much cheaper than both. Barely louder than stock in comfort mode. Much louder in sport with deeper and boomier pops and bangs. I really enjoy mine so far. A few fitment issues Iā€™ve had to work on, but happy to help if you do buy one. Also, much cheaper than the others with beautiful dry CF tips!

A91rookie

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021supra
It depends on how loud you want it. Awe is much louder than the HKS. I personally have HKS wit a catless and love the sound.

Mock01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Refraction A91
It depends on how loud you want it. Awe is much louder than the HKS. I personally have HKS wit a catless and love the sound.
Iā€™m not sure if you had the HKS separate from the catless DP, but what would you say the HKS is /10 loudness relative to stock? Iā€™m deciding between AWE and HKS as well.

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, BRZ, MGB, Triumph TR3, AH 100-4,
Iā€™m not sure if you had the HKS separate from the catless DP, but what would you say the HKS is /10 loudness relative to stock? Iā€™m deciding between AWE and HKS as well.
HKS has only about 2-3db gain in sound, but HKS has a lower tone than stock. Love HKS...

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
AWE with stock DP sounds wonderful. Keep in mind, HKS keeps the valve, AWE does not. So if you hate burbles but want the best noise go with the AWE. If you like the difference between valve open/close go with HKS.

cbrummell

First Name
carson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 nitro yellow supra 3.0 premium
I have the AWE touring on my car

stock dp- it was a great experience definitely a step up in volume not crazy but a bit more then stock sport mode, i also noticed the factory burbles were less snappy and more boomy with the AWE possibly from the massive increase in exhaust diameter? getting rid of the valve was a plus in my book i wanted "sport" sound all the time. I've never had a problem on the highway with drone or any annoying vibrations and i drive it regularly at 80+ mph for 2 plus hours

catless dp with awe- this was definitely a massive increase in sound and made the car wayyyy louder its quite on idle once its warm but cold start is more than rowdy enough to turn some heads in the parking lot or driveway, cruising around with the car in auto is fine and it stays tame for the most part but sink your right foot into that pedal and you will be quickly reminded that the exhaust is back there.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
Go catless if you're looking for performance. If sound is what you're looking for go for HKS if deep and vibrant tones are to your liking, and it's not as loud as the AWE. If you pair it with a catless dp it should sound louder, but not obnoxious. If you don't want to go catless and just want to have a good sounding exhaust go for AWE. A note for you AWE does not have exhuast valves so it'll have the same sound 24/7. HKS does. I got a custom made one for around 1300USD cheaper than both. However if you go that route, just make sure that you know what you're doing. I didn't, but it kinda worked out for me. lol lucky me I guess

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R
I have the AWE touring on my car

stock dp- it was a great experience definitely a step up in volume not crazy but a bit more then stock sport mode, i also noticed the factory burbles were less snappy and more boomy with the AWE possibly from the massive increase in exhaust diameter? getting rid of the valve was a plus in my book i wanted "sport" sound all the time. I've never had a problem on the highway with drone or any annoying vibrations and i drive it regularly at 80+ mph for 2 plus hours

catless dp with awe- this was definitely a massive increase in sound and made the car wayyyy louder its quite on idle once its warm but cold start is more than rowdy enough to turn some heads in the parking lot or driveway, cruising around with the car in auto is fine and it stays tame for the most part but sink your right foot into that pedal and you will be quickly reminded that the exhaust is back there.
This review is spot on! My fellow Supra friend has the HKS and he prefer my AWE of his HKS. This is do to the droning at HWY driving.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Are you saying the HKS drones at highway speed?
I have the HKS super turbo with an AA catted downpipe. Thereā€™s a little bit of drone right at 2k RPM in Sport, zero drone below 1.9k or above 2.1k, and zero drone at all in normal mode. So 99% of the time thereā€™s none, but if you happen to be cruising right at ~80mph thereā€™s a bit, in which case you can just switch to normal mode.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT