jamesxnguyen2

jamesxnguyen2

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 supra
How does the Vivid perform? Hopefully in the next 6 months I’ll have my bottom mount and port injection installed so I’ll need to replace the stock exhaust.
Don’t get me wrong I love the exhaust, but overtime it just became quiet to me. I’m getting the active autowerke downpipe soon so for sure it’ll be louder! VR exhaust is a good exhaust to start off with imo.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
How would you rank the sound on that exhaust when you were still running it? Good/bad and deeper or higher pitched than stock?
I think I heard the stock exhaust for about a hundred miles. I've also had the AFE for a while, then a dump, then RK, now back to dump.

I really don't know/care all that much about sound, I think it was probably fine? It worked well with basically no restriction. It's an empty tube.

EddieNel

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F350
I think I heard the stock exhaust for about a hundred miles. I've also had the AFE for a while, then a dump, then RK, now back to dump.

I really don't know/care all that much about sound, I think it was probably fine? It worked well with basically no restriction. It's an empty tube.
I somewhat agree as far as sound goes. I would rather not be super loud and obnoxious. I do care about drone. I hate an exhaust with a drone.

BrodoFratgins

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MKV Supra MT
SP1R (have to cut some stuff) or RK (no cutting) for single exit
HKS or also RK for dual exit

My personal preferences. Also not trying to step on toes or anything, but Tomei seem to have some quality issues that made me steer clear. They also don't sound very good in my opinion.

I personally went with SP1R

Last edited:

SooopraSD

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2005 Titan, 1993 Civic, 2003 CBR600RR

My personal preferences. Also not trying to step on toes or anything, but Tomei seem to have some quality issues that made me steer clear. They also don't sound very good in my opinion.

HKS only has titanium tips. Other than that, it’s stainless. Used to have HKS. Running Titan titanium exhaust now. No complaints!

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Supra Matte Storm Gray

It kinda sounds like most of these exhausts had some quality issues when they were new. I was initially looking at boostlogic till I heard about their problems but someone responded to me maybe in this thread or another that they fixed that issues with the exhaust cracking.

I think I'm going to go with RK titanium track exhaust soon on mine

CrushA90

First Name
JAY
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 MK5 supra .... 97 sc300 2JZGTE 1000++ HP

I second that. People scared to cut a little diffuser and heat shield around here 🤣🤣🤣🤣

CrushA90

First Name
JAY
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 MK5 supra .... 97 sc300 2JZGTE 1000++ HP
It kinda sounds like most of these exhausts had some quality issues when they were new. I was initially looking at boostlogic till I heard about their problems but someone responded to me maybe in this thread or another that they fixed that issues with the exhaust cracking.

I think I'm going to go with RK titanium track exhaust soon on mine
Doesn't sound like the SP1R and the fit is not the same. I have the SP1R and it sounds and fits perfectly. RK has had fitment issues

SooopraSD

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2005 Titan, 1993 Civic, 2003 CBR600RR
Running Titan titanium here.

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Supra Matte Storm Gray
I found this interesting to listen to.

I think they’re referencing full blown race cars here. Titanium exhaust has been around for a long time and I’ve never heard of this issue. Older coworker has a full titanium exhaust that came stock on one of the corvette trims in the year of his C5 I believe and he got a set and installed it on his and has never seen an issue and we are talking about exhaust from the 90s holding up
Sponsored