Blown B58, ringland failure, looking to see who know what long or short would fit from the BMW catalog

theomajigga

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV 2020
Hi all,

New here, and I have tried search but it seems to use Google engine and wasn't super helpful.

Bought a mkv blown up (26k, 51k on the clock), cylinder 5 lost a ringland, down to 30psi. I'll attach pics. Car is DP, tuned flex, and I think the guy was running it without the airbox. Not the point now.

I'm a BMW guy, but I am not 100% on what motors I can but out of the BMW to swap the short or even the long in.

In my research, the B58B30M1 and the B58B30C are interchangeable, can I buy a 2 port out of a 2019 X5 swap mounts and drop it in? Pics of the piston and cylinder wall attached. It could be rebuild able, but I wouldn't know until I crack it open. But if I can swap a long block in, I'll just do that and part out this block with whatever is usable, or sleeve it and build it for later.

Thanks all!
1000008672.jpg
1000008675.jpg
1000008684.jpg
Sponsored

Diablo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition / 2018 4Runner TRD
:agree:

I also support you sleeving and rebuilding to make big powa later down the line. Zack can show you the way.

OP
OP

theomajigga

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV 2020
:agree:

I also support you sleeving and rebuilding to make big powa later down the line. Zack can show you the way.
I'd love to, but trying to see what my options are. Balling on a budget, you see.

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
I meant op should go for a built engine. My broke ass can not afford an exhaust let alone a built engine.
Ahhh hahah Yes and no.

Built motor at his state will be pretty expensive with sleeving and machining. So all depends on overall goals. anddddd budget lol.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Yes i keep bringing in an extra but you never pay me :( now im poor and dont have money for my supra.
Oh, well, give me a motor. If it works with my "Aggressive Timing Map," I'll pay for it.
Sponsored