Electroniclly height controlled coilovers?

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
Hey folks,

I'm getting ready to lower my car and I'm looking at suspension offerings. What I would like is a setup that I can lower or raise an inch or so at the touch of a button. I know air suspensions exist but that's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for the same functionality that a super car has when you want to raise the car up over a steep curb or speed bump while maintaining a pretty competitive suspension otherwise.

What brand/model would you recommend for such a setup?
Sponsored

outxlove

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outof.love
Car(s)
2020 Widebody 3.0 Premium / 93 FD RX7 / 90 240sx
Air cups? Regardless of being a full suspension swap all of those setups are usually air or hydraulic based anyway. What you're describing is pretty much air.

Mk5Frank

First Name
franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 type r, 2021 supra
That does not exist only in fantasy land, at last not on our platform ?

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I've only seen proper nose lift on Ferrari and Porsche. Suggest OP gets a normal height-adjustable suspension and find a ride height that doesn't result in too much scraping. I am lowered quite a bit and don't really scrape anywhere except for very steep driveways.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra

outxlove

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outof.love
Car(s)
2020 Widebody 3.0 Premium / 93 FD RX7 / 90 240sx
Iā€™ve tracked my car on bags and if you adjust dampening properly itā€™s still quite planted

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I scrape on everything and I'm not even that low.
Kinda depends on location -- I've scraped at random places at stock ride height. Can't wait to see what happens once I'm lowered and toss on the Maxton lip as well.

Sure but heavy. No thanks.
Agreed, weight and maintenance are my reasons for an air setup on my car. It does look and sound cool on others' cars.

AyeBird

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bagged 9th gen Accord and hopefully, an A90.
Lol idk if Iā€™d even say glorified, thatā€™s still an obnoxious tank that needs to be mounted somewhere haha
Obnoxious tank and an even more obnoxious compressor lol.

Iā€™d say OP is better off getting regular coilovers and adjusting to going sidewayz on driveways and speed bumps. It just comes with the territory when you lower a carā€¦ ?ā€ā™‚

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
OP
OP
FnkDrSpok

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
You can't have it all unless you spend 6 figures on your car.

https://flatsixes.com/cars/porsche-options/the-front-axle-lift-system-in-the-new-911-explained/#:~:text=Porsche's New Front Axle Lift,that run to the actuators.

Best bet is air suspensions for us peons who can't get this stock as i personally don't know of any aftermarket system that can do this outside of air suspensions.
Well, what I had in mind was something like this. I didn't know if that was something that was readily available, but just was expensive to acquire.

I saw that there are apps that control dampening, I figured they had one with ride height that wasn't so extreme as airbags. But it seems it's not in the cards and I just go with a regular set of coilovers.

I am wondering, why do people choose springs over coilovers with this car? Is the stock setup able to handle being lowered with no other modifications?

OP
OP
FnkDrSpok

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
Air cups? Regardless of being a full suspension swap all of those setups are usually air or hydraulic based anyway. What you're describing is pretty much air.
I did see that these exist, too bad they don't have a application for our car. I wouldn't mind a small hydraulic setup that could be locked and hidden from plain view.

frankenm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
KW makes a hydraulic coilover that does this but it is not available for the Supra unless you figure out how to hack it together and it is not cheap experiment

Cheaper to just get a good front lip and rear that can take the abuse from a little scrapping here and there rather than worrying about it ...
Sponsored