Ground Clearance w/ Swift Springs & Splitter

hoteltrivago

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone can comment on the ground clearance with swift springs and a splitter. I'm looking to install the springs and the KIES 1-piece splitter and I'm curious how risky it will be for any serious damage. I'm totally okay with scraping being the worst case and even common scenario. I just don't want a high risk of any serious impact damage.

Of course, this depends on a lot of variables so I guess I'm just looking for a general gut-check on the level of risk. I live in Vancouver, Canada and while the roads are decent, there are a lot of hills, steep inclines/declines, and speed bumps. I feel like there are a ton of unavoidable scenarios where you're caught in between traffic and are forced to take a suboptimal angle or no angle at all. In these cases, I just want the peace of mind that my bumper won't easily be at risk of flying off.

Any insight would be appreciated and helpful. Thanks!
Sponsored

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F

jwaked

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I had to go back to stock springs, not as nice looking but not rubbing speed bumps or the entrance to my garage anymore.

OP
OP

hoteltrivago

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
doubt your bumper will come off unless you are fast and furious. But you will scrape. Lowered and extended lip = scrape
Thanks! Yeah I guess that equation holds up regardless of how conservative/aggressive the drop is.

Here you go! It's in freedom units but you can do the math :)

This is with the OEM front end - I put on a Maxton splitter later and its pretty low.

I do not daily drive my car so I can pick/choose where I go and how...

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/swift-springs-for-a90.6442/page-2#post-194643
Thank you!! I assume the splitter probably added about an inch or two? How was your experience when OEM at this height?

I had to go back to stock springs, not as nice looking but not rubbing speed bumps or the entrance to my garage anymore.
Yeah, sigh I guess that'll always be the tradeoff. Thanks!

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Thank you!! I assume the splitter probably added about an inch or two? How was your experience when OEM at this height?
I would say about 1 inch.

The maxton is cheap so if you destroy it no big deal.

Driving the car when lowered on Swift was fine, but any large speed bumps you need to take at diagonal attack.

Its funny that the lowest part isn't the front of the car, its the front quarter panels and sideskirts.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I have about 3.5" now with the Siebon front lip. if you look it's just above the lip of the wheel. the Fly1Motorsports lip was even lower. I scrape a lot, but I've just learned to go sideways and stuff on everything now. Its also the 3rd lip this car has had. if this breaks I'm getting a Maxton .

You really have to question if its worth all the BS that comes with the looks for the lip and lowered car. I am about right there where I'm over it.

1705605503531.png

OP
OP

hoteltrivago

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra

Driving the car when lowered on Swift was fine, but any large speed bumps you need to take at diagonal attack.

Its funny that the lowest part isn't the front of the car, its the front quarter panels and sideskirts.
That makes a lot of sense and your measurements are super helpful in showing how much lower those parts are. I kind of tunnel-visioned to thinking about just the front of the car, but there's definitely more to consider.

And wow, the Maxton is a fraction of the cost compared to the splitter I had in mind. Good to know that's an option and a really practical alternative. Thanks again!

I have about 3.5" now with the Siebon front lip. if you look it's just above the lip of the wheel. the Fly1Motorsports lip was even lower. I scrape a lot, but I've just learned to go sideways and stuff on everything now. Its also the 3rd lip this car has had. if this breaks I'm getting a Maxton .

You really have to question if its worth all the BS that comes with the looks for the lip and lowered car. I am about right there where I'm over it.

1705605503531.png
Car looks sick! And you're right. I guess it just comes with the territory.

When you say you're almost over it, what would the alternative be? Are you considering going full OEM height and bumper, or is there an in-between compromise like a more conservative drop with(out) lip?

NiceBMW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I went with the Z4 euro eibach springs with .8" drop and 275/30 front - 305/30 rear tires and think it's great around town. You could always go with a 35 series sidewall to get a little more clearance.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
When you say you're almost over it, what would the alternative be? Are you considering going full OEM height and bumper, or is there an in-between compromise like a more conservative drop with(out) lip?
Id pick either maxton where i dont care, or just go and get some version of the A91-CF style front lip thats not that much lower........................... im not lifting the car lololol or ill go bags and not worry about it that way.

OP
OP

hoteltrivago

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra

I went with the Z4 euro eibach springs with .8" drop and 275/30 front - 305/30 rear tires and think it's great around town. You could always go with a 35 series sidewall to get a little more clearance.
Id pick either maxton where i dont care, or just go and get some version of the A91-CF style front lip thats not that much lower........................... im not lifting the car lololol or ill go bags and not worry about it that way.
Thanks for all the help! It's given me a lot of clarity on what's going to be the most practical move for me. I've decided to go with the Z4 springs and A91-CF lip since I think it strikes the right balance of all my needs at the right price points too. Also nice to have Maxton as an alternative option in mind if I ever need a backup. Thanks again!
Sponsored