HKS Adjustable Spring - Shop Install Time?

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Anyone know how long a shop should take to install HKS Hipermax adjustable springs? A shop told me it was a full day, 8-hour job on account of the springs being adjustable. I was thinking more like ~3-4 hours like a normal set of springs. Thanks
Sponsored

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
A shade tree backyard mechanic can do this install on jackstands on his back in under 3 hours

xkenx1995

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Anyone know how long a shop should take to install HKS Hipermax adjustable springs? A shop told me it was a full day, 8-hour job on account of the springs being adjustable. I was thinking more like ~3-4 hours like a normal set of springs. Thanks
If they're taking you in by appointment, they might have a full house. Shop I've taken my car took me in, but they let me know the long lead time is due to their mechanics hopping back and forth on work orders.

OP
OP
VA90

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
If they're taking you in by appointment, they might have a full house. Shop I've taken my car took me in, but they let me know the long lead time is due to their mechanics hopping back and forth on work orders.
I thought about that and asked that question. No, they expect it will take several hours, not just 3-4.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I would say a normal shop would take at least 4 hours if not familiar with the Supra. On top of that, these aren't normal lowering springs. Got to set ride height. I can guarantee it won't be perfect going off what the instructions say.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Isn’t it mainly the rear install that’s a bitch on these lowering setups

xkenx1995

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Pretty straight forward. I had trouble lining up the bolts with the LCA. If you ever see under my car dont ask why it looks so scuffed lol

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Nah the rear is super easy, much faster than the front. Especially with the HKS that requires removing the front strut and hammering off the spring seat.

Post-install adjustments are the other way around though, rear you have to pull off the car, front can be done while still installed. That said, since the rears are super easy to pop in and out it's not a big deal.

A full 8 hours is definitely on the high side IMO, but you really can't do the HKS in one shop session either. You need to give the springs time to settle before adjusting the ride height. They shifted quite a bit in the first 2 weeks for me. So call it 3 hours for the initial install, then another 2 hours for final adjustments a couple weeks later.
Sponsored