How rare is your car?! Production Numbers By Model, Trim and Color?

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Also the units sold are they sorted by MY or units sold that year. For example 2023 is that only 2023MY or does that include 2024MY that were being sold starting late summer/ early fall of 2023?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Got_M

Got_M

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Sounds like Toyota has zero answers. Would likely need to reach out to someone at the manufacturing facility in Graz, Austria.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
These color break downs/ special editions don't mean much. When LE number plates weren't VIN specific and stuck on at port. Some number plates were just generic 1/xxx. Some of the US special colors were regularly available colors in Canada, but we also got special editions allocations to further confuse things.

This database if any is going to have so many sub categories.
For sure, eventually it would also need to include engine option, interior color, trim spec, etc. There is alot of data to go through. Would be cool to get something at least haha. There is just nothing out there really

OP
OP
Got_M

Got_M

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
For sure, eventually it would also need to include engine option, interior color, trim spec, etc. There is alot of data to go through. Would be cool to get something at least haha. There is just nothing out there really
Next step is to call these people…

IMG_2067.png

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
We aren't getting shit from Toyota lol. Took us years to get MT. The Supra is the child Toyota doesn't give a shit about. Look at the Corolla and Yaris. So much support and oem parts for them in Japan.

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Next step is to call these people…

IMG_2067.png
Yeah like theyl take the time to listen and provide you all the info to some random geezer across the world, wasting their time about statistics “you need” that serves no purpose whatsoever…

6mtsoup

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
I worked at BMW NA in an IT field, and worked on a project with their data lake dealing with vehicles produced and production info, I was able to see VERY specific info about every car built going back to the late 80s/early 90s including VIN, color, options, engine, trans, country, last service date, what dealer it was last serviced at, last reported miles at service, etc.

I guarantee there is definitely a Toyota NA equivalent where someone would have access to production info like this. I have a buddy who works at Toyota in an IT position and deals with some of their databases, I’ll reach out to him and see if he has that kind of access.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
We aren't getting shit from Toyota lol. Took us years to get MT. The Supra is the child Toyota doesn't give a shit about. Look at the Corolla and Yaris. So much support and oem parts for them in Japan.
I'm not sure i'd go as far as saying they don't give a shit about the vehicle but anytime they enter into a partnership with another manufacturer and depending on the legality of that agreement, they can and cannot do certain things. At the end of the day, this is a low production vehicle for Toyota and one in which they do not solely control decisions of what happens and what doesn't, so that's probably more of a contributing factor than just selling them for a small profit for several years as an image play and then just move onto the next thing.....The Supra name within Toyota at one point was their halo badge (until the LFA was created), doubt they don't care about it.

OP
OP
Got_M

Got_M

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Yeah like theyl take the time to listen and provide you all the info to some random geezer across the world, wasting their time about statistics “you need” that serves no purpose whatsoever…
I hope the earthquake that hit PA earlier today knocked over your lawn chairs. :lol:

Razors Edge

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Nocturnal with red interior, 2022. From what I’ve seen/heard semi rare because of the red interior being hard to source during this period.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
This.. as well as, "proprietary information." Good luck.

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
My car has a little plaque on it that tells me Toyota didn't build this car.

So I guess it's pretty rare.

BMW Individual Toyota.

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
I'm not sure i'd go as far as saying they don't give a shit about the vehicle but anytime they enter into a partnership with another manufacturer and depending on the legality of that agreement, they can and cannot do certain things. At the end of the day, this is a low production vehicle for Toyota and one in which they do not solely control decisions of what happens and what doesn't, so that's probably more of a contributing factor than just selling them for a small profit for several years as an image play and then just move onto the next thing.....The Supra name within Toyota at one point was their halo badge (until the LFA was created), doubt they don't care about it.
Agreed.

Every Toyota dealership here (Canada) has Supra as their halo car presented in bliss. While all other cars are getting shifted and moved out.

The partnership definitely is the deciding factor.
Sponsored