LETS TALK SINGLE EXIT EXHAUST

WITCH3R

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Prem.
I have been browsing and browsing for a nice single exit exhaust. I have narrowed it down. Online videos does not do the sound justice so i though i would reach out and get personal experiences. I currently have the VR titanium exhaust (which i will be getting rid of) but i like the single exit look. I have ordered the ArmyTrix catless dp so now would be the time to just swap it all. My top choices are the single exit Tomei or the single exit RK (one with the muffler). How does this sound in person? It seems video wise the Tomei is louder and kinda raspier maybe. Im not wanting crazy loud as i baby this car especially in my neighborhood. In the mornings i cold start with the garage shut until she tames herself then i open it to keep the noise down. Is their any weird drone noises or any concerns? My go to exhaust would be the HKS TI single exit as i just love that sound. Unfortunately the exhaust shops around here do not weld titanium for a custom job.
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Let's not...

:dunno: what to do with the other hump? Cap it like Subaru? :doh:

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I didn't much like either the Tomei or the RK system so I had a local shop fabricate a custom 3" stainless steel single exit system using an HKS Carbon-Ti muffler. It was very cost-effective, something like $900 or so all in with the muffler. Wasn't remotely worth the extra coin to bother with titanium. Some titanium mufflers like the Greddy RS-Ti have a steel flange to make it easier to weld up to steel piping.

The sound is fantastic in my view. At first I thought it was RB26-like and maybe it is outside the car. I think it sounds more like a Mk4 to me. It can be a bit droney but I think it could be solved with a $100 resonator.

OP
OP
WITCH3R

WITCH3R

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Prem.
I didn't much like either the Tomei or the RK system so I had a local shop fabricate a custom 3" stainless steel single exit system using an HKS Carbon-Ti muffler. It was very cost-effective, something like $900 or so all in with the muffler. Wasn't remotely worth the extra coin to bother with titanium. Some titanium mufflers like the Greddy RS-Ti have a steel flange to make it easier to weld up to steel piping.

The sound is fantastic in my view. At first I thought it was RB26-like and maybe it is outside the car. I think it sounds more like a Mk4 to me. It can be a bit droney but I think it could be solved with a $100 resonator.
Is your the one thats on youtube. I love the way the HKS sounds. I actually may do this. Not sure why i spaced on stainless steel. Im sure it still weighs less than the factory.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Is your the one thats on youtube. I love the way the HKS sounds. I actually may do this. Not sure why i spaced on stainless steel. Im sure it still weighs less than the factory.
Ah, no that's one of P2uned cars, I think, but my setup is identical.

The OEM rear muffler is shockingly heavy. Must've weighed like 40-50 lbs.

OP
OP
WITCH3R

WITCH3R

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Prem.
Ah, no that's one of P2uned cars, I think, but my setup is identical.

The OEM rear muffler is shockingly heavy. Must've weighed like 40-50 lbs.
Is yours the 120 tip? Did you angle it? I found an exhaust shop 4 hours away that would fab up/ use the current the titanium for this muffler.

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Tomei single are very popular with us, we have them in stock as well.

Great bang for buck.

-Josh

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Having heard most of the current single exit offerings on the market right now.. They all sorta sound like shit. Loud, obnoxious, etc. RK Titanium is the best of the bunch, as far as I've heard.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Is yours the 120 tip? Did you angle it? I found an exhaust shop 4 hours away that would fab up/ use the current the titanium for this muffler.
Yep. It will not fit under the car unless it's angled. Let me attach some pictures. Probably could've gotten it to tuck under better but I'm happy with it for now.

The tip is titanium and I think the inlet piping is steel, which makes welding much easier because it's rare to find a shop that can work titanium.

4BB8FB71-0B67-4A1D-9C19-C5217A0FD166.jpeg

6596E873-5D86-42FC-B276-A86C27582898.jpeg

DBF5F588-2026-419C-9B0A-FC215EF6485F.jpeg

OP
OP
WITCH3R

WITCH3R

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Prem.
Having heard most of the current single exit offerings on the market right now.. They all sorta sound like shit. Loud, obnoxious, etc. RK Titanium is the best of the bunch, as far as I've heard.
That is what i am trying to avoid. Do not want to sound like a pissed off honda civic. Rk does seem like the tamer of the 2 which i like. But still just does not have that sound im looking for. Its close. But the HKS caught my ears right when i heard it. I guess imo the RK sounds more exotic while the HKS sounds more JDM.

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
WITCH3R

WITCH3R

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Prem.
Yep. It will not fit under the car unless it's angled. Let me attach some pictures. Probably could've gotten it to tuck under better but I'm happy with it for now.

The tip is titanium and I think the inlet piping is steel, which makes welding much easier because it's rare to find a shop that can work titanium.

4BB8FB71-0B67-4A1D-9C19-C5217A0FD166.jpeg

6596E873-5D86-42FC-B276-A86C27582898.jpeg

DBF5F588-2026-419C-9B0A-FC215EF6485F.jpeg
Thanks for the pics. I do like how that setup is! Im really leaning on this.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
That is what i am trying to avoid. Do not want to sound like a pissed off honda civic. Rk does seem like the tamer of the 2 which i like. But still just does not have that sound im looking for. Its close. But the HKS caught my ears right when i heard it. I guess imo the RK sounds more exotic while the HKS sounds more JDM.
There are a few videos by Godzilla Raceworks on YouTube of Supras with single-exit systems. Their videos are a pretty accurate representation of how mine sounds. For full fidelity, I might go with the HKS Hi-Power muffler that they use versus my Carbon-Ti. I respectfully disagree with Zack on this point and think single exit sounds better than any dual exit system I've heard but I think the HKS custom setup sounds better than either Tomei or RK, in my view. I should add that I also have an AA downpipe mated up to this system. Just let me know how else I can help.

OP
OP
WITCH3R

WITCH3R

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Prem.
There are a few videos by Godzilla Raceworks on YouTube of Supras with single-exit systems. Their videos are a pretty accurate representation of how mine sounds. For full fidelity, I might go with the HKS Hi-Power muffler that they use versus my Carbon-Ti. I respectfully disagree with Zack on this point and think single exit sounds better than any dual exit system I've heard but I think the HKS custom setup sounds better than either Tomei or RK, in my view. I should add that I also have an AA downpipe mated up to this system. Just let me know how else I can help.
I just ordered the HKS HI-POWER, go with what my heard desire's. I will utilize my titanium exhaust and remove the rear section and redo it with a single titanium piece.

RichSC

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra #86, 2018 Raptor
I have the Tomei now, it's obnoxious. Probably going straight pipe though because that muffler section takes up too much space.
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk