Gold Sponsor
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
In observation of this platform and the community’s hunger for more power and performance the growing importance of maintaining control over that added horsepower becomes clearer, which is why I've been working to integrate an (ATCS) Advanced traction control system to be used with Ecutek. A great majority of the benefits of this system will be seen on the street or in circuit racing. Most worthwhile standalone engine managaement systems come with traction control features that provide the tuner with traction control strategies as this system is offering here.

As most of us know, the stock traction control system (and VCS) must be turned off in order to avoid drivetrain malfunctions and soft limp modes when tuned, the more power you make the more this is a reality. Using your new gained power with the traction control fully on is just not a viable option if not to avoid going into limp mode, then to recover in a race in a competition.

I would like to thank Jake and Ty at Motiv for helping me with making this happen.

What does this product do that my stock system doesn’t? This ATCS system can provide your tuner with wheel slip percentage and/or simply a torque reduction percentage to maintain a specified wheel slip target. This system allows your tuner to see how much your rear wheels are slipping compared to your front wheels, and with that given data can implement temporary ignition timing reduction/retard, boost reduction, torque target reduction, and/or fuel cut in order to smoothly reduce power enough for your tires to achieve a small percentage of slip (usually 3-10% depending on the application) for maximum controllable forward acceleration.

Will I be able to control any aspect of this as a driver? Yes. There is a potentiometer with 7 settings. 6 profile settings for aggression, and 1 setting to disable the system.

Can I just install this and it works out of the box? No. Your tuner will need to implement their own strategy for traction control provided the new input given. I will be creating a list of tuners that use the product efficiently. They may have an additional fee to add this feature to your existing tune.

What is the installation time, what are the requirements, and how difficult is it? Installation should take approximately 2-3 hours, difficulty level is about 4/10. This system requires a Motiv Reflex and special firmware.

What are the advantages of using this product? Boost by speed/Gear are traction control strategies that are basically open loop strategies that are non-feedback. These strategies can and do work, however they often leave much needed power/torque on the table during environment change and so they are not as effective as a feedback system. Maximum acceleration occurs with a bit of wheel slip, the magic here is to control it.

Can this improve my 60-130 times? If you are at a power level where you're unable to get traction to safely do so, yes.

Can I use a more comfortable tire instead of tall wall tires like MT ET Street Rs? Yes. You can run a more comfortable tire and still have traction safety with a 600+whp car.

347397808_644965777674179_1110043199846190606_n.jpeg

I would like to field questions about this system for anyone that has them.

*List of tuners that have tuned using this product
Jeff Payn
Zach Tucker
Mike Botti
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dr. Supra

First Name
Danyoll
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Nitro Yellow
This can all be done on the xhp tune, even getting a custom tune for it and much easier to install.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
This can all be done on the xhp tune, even getting a custom tune for it and much easier to install.
No it can't. He is talking about true reactive motorsports traction control. XHP only changes torque targets per gear.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
In observation of this platform and the community’s hunger for more power and performance the growing importance of maintaining control over that added horsepower becomes clearer, which is why I've been working to integrate an (ATCS) Advanced traction control system to be used with Ecutek. A great majority of the benefits of this system will be seen on the street or in circuit racing.

As most of us know, the stock traction control system (and VCS) must be turned off in order to avoid drivetrain malfunctions and soft limp modes when tuned, the more power you make the more this is a reality. Using your new gained power with the traction control fully on is just not a viable option if not to avoid going into limp mode, then to recover in a race in a competition.

I would like to thank Jake and Ty at Motiv for helping me with making this happen.

What does this product do that my stock system doesn’t? This ATCS system can provide your tuner with wheel slip percentage and/or simply a torque reduction percentage to maintain a specified wheel slip target. This system allows your tuner to see how much your rear wheels are slipping compared to your front wheels, and with that given data can implement temporary ignition timing reduction/retard, boost reduction, torque target reduction, and/or fuel cut in order to smoothly reduce power enough for your tires to achieve a small percentage of slip (usually 3-10% depending on the application) for maximum controllable forward acceleration.

Will I be able to control any aspect of this as a driver? Yes. There is a potentiometer with 7 settings. 6 profile settings for aggression, and 1 setting to disable the system.

Can I just install this and it works out of the box? No. Your tuner will need to implement their own strategy for traction control provided the new input given. I will be creating a list of tuners that use the product efficiently. They may have an additional fee to add this feature to your existing tune.

What is the installation time, what are the requirements, and how difficult is it? Installation should take approximately 2-3 hours, difficulty level is about 4/10. This system requires a Motiv Reflex and special firmware.

What are the advantages of using this product? Boost by speed/Gear are traction control strategies that are basically open loop strategies that are non-feedback. These strategies can and do work, however they often leave much needed power/torque on the table during environment change and so they are not as effective as a feedback system. Maximum acceleration occurs with a bit of wheel slip, the magic here is to control it.

Can this improve my 60-130 times? If you are at a power level where you're unable to get traction to safely do so, yes.

Can I use a more comfortable tire instead of tall wall tires like MT ET Street Rs? Yes. You can run a more comfortable tire and still have traction safety with a 600+whp car.

I would like to field questions about this system for anyone that has them.
If anyone doesn't know who Curtis is, he's 100% legit. I talked to him a bunch of times while he was working on this, it's 100% the real thing. Drag racers/street racers- you want this.

Nugs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G81 M3 Touring, 2019 Supra GTS
This is awesome.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
This looks really promising

What are the logistics like? Do you need to shut off the stock TC every time you drive in order for this to take over, or is the stock system just permanently disabled and this always runs things?

OP
OP
Zupraman

Zupraman

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
does this work for folks who are not tuned? can you toggle between stock TCS modes and this?
unfortunately it does require a tune, it also requires you to have motiv reflex port injection

OP
OP
Zupraman

Zupraman

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This looks really promising

What are the logistics like? Do you need to shut off the stock TC every time you drive in order for this to take over, or is the stock system just permanently disabled and this always runs things?
Thank you 🙏

As development continues, I’ve been informed by a tuner that they’re able to ensure that both systems cannot be engaged at the same time. Ideally you should have the stock traction control disabled and leave the ATCS potentiometer set to a profile at all time. That way when you disable the stock traction control the ATCS is already automatically enabled.

jmacs_mk5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
In observation of this platform and the community’s hunger for more power and performance the growing importance of maintaining control over that added horsepower becomes clearer, which is why I've been working to integrate an (ATCS) Advanced traction control system to be used with Ecutek. A great majority of the benefits of this system will be seen on the street or in circuit racing.

this is very exciting Curtis. ]
Sponsored