Rear brake size on MY2023 3.0 base vs 3.0 premium?

Stardust

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 Miata
I've heard that for 2023 the 3.0 base has the same size brakes as the 3.0 premium?
Can anyone confirm if that's true?

Toyota's official page says they're still smaller on the base, but the official page also says that the base doesn't get red calipers (which they do).
1691621105458.png
Sponsored

MisoSup

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
My base has same size calipers and they are red. Only things my base '23 doesn't have my premium '21 had is the HUD, leather seats, and more connectivity features.

Performance wise it is the same.

OP
OP

Stardust

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 Miata
My base has same size calipers and they are red. Only things my base '23 doesn't have my premium '21 had is the HUD, leather seats, and more connectivity features.

Performance wise it is the same.
That means brake pads for the 3.0 Premium should be fine right?
I know for past model years, the 3.0 base had to shop for 2.0 brake pads to fit.

CortC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 MT
I can confirm that the 2023 base ā€œmanualā€ cars have the same size front red brake calipers with the Supra script and the same rear red calipers as the premium.

I donā€™t know about the base ā€œautomaticā€ cars. They may still get the smaller gray calipers front and rear.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I can confirm that the 2023 base ā€œmanualā€ cars have the same size front red brake calipers with the Supra script and the same rear red calipers as the premium.

I donā€™t know about the base ā€œautomaticā€ cars. They may still get the smaller gray calipers front and rear.
Front calipers and rotors are exactly the same size on all year and trim 3.0ā€™s. Base was just unpainted before.

OP
OP

Stardust

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 Miata
What about the rear?

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra

toyota should do a better clarifying this detail.

my understanding is the same as above.

3.0 manual gets the same red calipers and larger rear rotors as the 3.0 premium.

3.0 (base) automatic gets the unpainted calipers and smaller rear rotors.

not sure why toyota gave the manual a premium treatment as they cost the same as the automatic.

when you go on toyota's site and build, the picture of the car will change based on the trim you select. you can tell if the calipers are red or silver. silver calipers will get the smaller rear rotors.

OP
OP

Stardust

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 Miata
toyota should do a better clarifying this detail.

my understanding is the same as above.

3.0 manual gets the same red calipers and larger rear rotors as the 3.0 premium.

3.0 (base) automatic gets the unpainted calipers and smaller rear rotors.

not sure why toyota gave the manual a premium treatment as they cost the same as the automatic.

when you go on toyota's site and build, the picture of the car will change based on the trim you select. you can tell if the calipers are red or silver. silver calipers will get the smaller rear rotors.
3.0 base MT has some other perks over 3.0 base AT as well (base MT gets wireless charging tray for free) but yeah it's really weird.

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
I can confirm as I have a base 3.0 MT....I have red brake calipers with the supra script. Mine came with the safety/Tech/JBL package so the only difference between mine is I have alcantara inserts in my seats (which I prefer over the premiums full leather seats) and I do not have a Heads up display which does not bother me at all since I prefer looking at the gauge cluster instead anyways.

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
Just wanted to post on this and refresh the convo. I literally was trying to figure this same thing out this morning. I have a '24 Base 3.0 MT w/ Safety/Tech Package coming and the spec sheet on toyota.com made the rears seem small like the 2.0. This thread seems to clarify everything.

Sounds like because its an MT i will get the full size brembos all corners like the 3.0 premium?

I can confirm as I have a base 3.0 MT....I have red brake calipers with the supra script. Mine came with the safety/Tech/JBL package so the only difference between mine is I have alcantara inserts in my seats (which I prefer over the premiums full leather seats) and I do not have a Heads up display which does not bother me at all since I prefer looking at the gauge cluster instead anyways.
FYI i think 2024 Base/Premium do not get HUD (EDIT: Seems only the 45th anniversary gets HUD now fo 2024?), even the premiums. Its the seat material and wireless charger that is the ONLY difference from what I can tell with the MTs base vs premium.

Last edited:

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23ā€™ 3.0 Base
23' 3.0 base with zero options here. Have the silver calipers as well

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
all manuals tend to cost more than their base equivalent auto thanks to markups. maybe toyota wanted to their buyers to feel better about it lol.