SPIED: Mystery Toyota Supra Spotted Testing - 2025 GRMN Model?

What do you guys think we're looking at?

• GRMN

Votes: 45 18.9%
  • Facelift / Minor Refresh

Votes: 55 23.1%
  • Special / Final Edition

Votes: 138 58.0%

• Total voters

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
That bonnet vent looks very tacky and aftermarket, I suspect they've whacked it on for testing and not the final product.

BestCar was almost exactly accurate 12 months before the A90 was launched, with it's render and specification. I wouldn't be surprised if they were the closest to the money this time around.

Edit: I noticed the exhaust tips are different internally, and the cute diffuser fins on the rear as well..

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
A TOM's wing does NOT make it a TOM's Supra. It could be as literal as what you see, a Fuji Speedway hotel display car, same with the blue MK3 JGT later in the film, it doesn't mean we are getting another Supra race car. It's just to give a vibe of high end living on a weekend with a Supra and lots and lots of Supras
The car is right here in camouflage. When was the last time a Supra got tested at the Nürburgring by GR racing car drivers? It's during the development of the GT4. Now they are at it again

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
It's 100% on brand with their Supra advertising for the past four years. They have always shown high performance cars. They did the same with the GRC.
Not sure what you are getting into. The 'hotter' model in camouflage is already on cover.

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
A little perhaps, yes. It's always a little sad to be trumped by a newer model. Toyota hasn't really done that to us apart from the performance bump early and the manual transmission.

I couldn't care less about a Japan only edition I can select in a video game. 😂

The manual did come late, I'll give you that but production is slated to end in 2025/26. You're hopes and dreams only have a little while to come to fruition mate.
Don't worry mate. Your beautiful yellow Supra MT is already special enough. GRMN may or may not come to OZ anyway (I hope it does and I do hope it's not so limited so more people can enjoy the car) and I also have my orange Supra ha ha

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Edit: I noticed the exhaust tips are different internally, and the cute diffuser fins on the rear as well..
Yeah, looks just like the Akrapovic tips 🤔

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Sard is another tuning company that works with Toyota but they are not on the commercial
Your point is what? Various official Toyota instagram page posts modded cars all the time. The blue car from the video has all TOMs parts and none of them are the same as the camouflaged car....

The TOMs blue car =/= GRMN.

Toyota wouldn't just slap on TOMs parts and call it a special editon.

Last edited:

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
That bonnet vent looks very tacky and aftermarket, I suspect they've whacked it on for testing and not the final product.

BestCar was almost exactly accurate 12 months before the A90 was launched, with it's render and specification. I wouldn't be surprised if they were the closest to the money this time around.

Diffuser looks the same. Or am I missing something?

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
So it could be that the 1st car could have just been more of a drivetrain test mule whereas these new spy shots are of a stage 2 development. If Toyota is indeed testing a GRMN version I'm hoping the final car will be more distinct with fender flares, different mirror caps etc. Something to make it stand out from the regular Supra.
Sponsored