Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
91' Nsx
Bump.

Interested to see if any of this holds true as time gets closer.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
Yup. There hasn't been a v6 rumor in a long time now. I'm sure we'll get some kind of DSG\dual clutch option, but its pretty much looking like all BMW drivetrain at this point. So torn on that one. I want it to be an inline 6 so bad, but if this thing is pure BMW with just a Toyota reskin, it will be an interesting car, but not a real Supra successor in any way for me. Hopefully we'll get some official drivetrain info tomorrow.

Jotokutora

First Name
Jo Tokutora
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
135IS
The only way the Supra get north of 400HP is by including the M powertrain. Currently the S55/S58 engines meet those specs. 3.0 liter twin turbo. Clearly it could be a modified version on the current set of engines. But so far the word around is the B58 Engine well below 400HP

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Not if they replace the torque converter with a 57hp electric motor - as this is an option for the ZF8 trans.

I am sure that BMW have supplied Toyota with a 340hp B58. What Toyota do with it, who knows. I'm taking 340hp with a grain of salt until we hear further information.

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'd be shocked if they engine is a pure run of the mill B48/B58. It will be like it was for the 86/BRZ - joint development, with Toyota bits and pieces integrated into the powerplant and off course with the Toyota engineering seal of approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.