THIS Is the Manual Toyota Supra [Official Release]

aprayiii

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CU Later 6MT, Highlander
I got MSRP at my dealer, as long as my request of the color/MT come in, im first to get it. Signed at $58k for 3.0 Premium, Blue, MT

Im in the local denver supra club and there is plenty of MKIVs/MKVs in it! About 300 members. Also Allocation is weird with toyota, you cant custom order, you put in your preferred combo and you hope it comes in. Better dealers most likely will get what you want, unless its super rare spec. Kind of a crapshoot/lottery. Which sucks. Hoping my prefered spec comes in, im first in line for the 3.0P/Blue/MT spec at one of the local big dealers. Should get it they said

This is the spec I ordered, That blue is amazing. I cant fucking wait
I am 40 miles north and work on the Diagonal Highway (OK now from home but WAS there)... and have not seen them up here :). Yes, that blue is the one I "ordered" as well. Similar to my first Supra - an 82 MK2 I bought when I graduated from college. I had a job, no apartment yet, but did have a Supra LOL.
Sponsored

stratosupra

First Name
Jayden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I am starting to see some posts in Facebook of people getting prices for 6MT's... anyone here actually have a price from a dealer yet? Markup?
This is my first post on here but I have put my initial deposit for the allocation of $500 bucks and they said they had one allocated to them already. They sent me the window sticker with all the options listed on there and the dealer is doing it for MSRP. You kind of have to call a dealership and ask if other dealers got the car you want and sometime they will help you if they are nice. Luckily my dealer was so they gave me an ETA of end of September.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Watched a few of the videos released today, all sounds very positive. My only disappointment (despite comments disputing it) is it's quite tall geared :(

Assuming a 7000rpm limiter:

1st in the auto is 32mph, 37mph in the manual
2nd in the auto is 50mph, 66!!! in the manual
3rd in the auto is 78mph and 100!! in the manual.

That's not short geared at all and in many ways removes driver involvement, not add to it. I recall one of my mates in his GT3 telling me how much more interactive his car was over the PDK, yet, we did 6 miles on a county road entirely in 3rd as it did everything from 30mph to 110+mph. Ridiculous.

Looking forward to reading new owner reviews and proper real life road tests.

Last edited:

spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
981 Boxster GTS, LX570
Watched a few of the videos released today, all sounds very positive. My only disappointment (despite comments disputing it) is it's quite tall geared :(

That's not short geared at all and in many ways removes driver involvement, not add to it. I recall one of my mates in his GT3 telling me how much more interactive his car was over the PDK, yet, we did 6 miles on a county road entirely in 3rd as it did everything from 30mph to 110+mph. Ridiculous.

6 gears in the manual, vs 8 in the auto.... wider gearing is of course to be expected. It's also a bit of a boon for a boosted straight six, with its broad torque peak.

You're correct, though, it would be a detriment in a high revving NA car like the GT3, but Porsche manuals have been long known to use * ridiculously* long gears for some time (trust me, I know that one all too well).

aprayiii

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CU Later 6MT, Highlander

Does anyone have links to any of the other videos besides Raiti's?

A.J.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra M/T
WHY IS HE YELLING AT ME THE ENTIRE TIME!?!?!?!!??

And he should also get his information straight before publishing a video....

and guys... did you know that was a MANUAL supra? 😂

I'm ready if you're ready.

That blue is stunning though, can't wait to get mine!

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Sounds like the reviews are super positive so far.

This is making the wait even worse.

OP
OP
Guff

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Why are there no heated seat controls on any manual review Ive seen? They seem like premiums because red calipers.
Pre production cars post 2020 are mostly slapped together, I wouldn't think too much of it.
Sponsored