Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Toyota to Unveil GR HV SPORTS concept at Tokyo Motor Show 2017

Main Features
  • The design is reminiscent of TOYOTA GAZOO Racing's TS050 Hybrid racing car that competes in the World Endurance Championship (WEC).
  • Features a targa top that was also used for Toyota's legendary convertible sports cars, the Toyota Sports 800 (a.k.a. Yotahachi) and the Supra
  • Powered by THS-R (Toyota Hybrid System-Racing) that is infused with hybrid technology refined by the TS050 Hybrid
Design
  • While completely embodying functionality as a genuine sports car, the GR HV SPORTS concept features LED headlights, aluminum wheels, and a rear diffuser similar to the TS050 Hybrid. The design evokes Toyota's bond with motor sports.
  • The matte black body color expresses power and aggressiveness.
Interior
  • A selection switch to choose the automatic gear position is located in the center cluster to achieve a racing car-like ambience.
  • The push button ignition switch is playfully located on the shift knob.

Enjoyment of control
  • Drivers can delight in the performance of THS-R in a genuine sports car while experiencing a sense of freedom thanks to the targa top.
  • Switching to manual mode is possible with the single press of a button, and 6-speed manual-style driving with H-pattern shifting can be enjoyed (the car is an automatic).
  • The hybrid battery is mounted near the center of vehicle. Installing the heavy battery in the center contributes to improved performance as a sports car.

BUPFttU.jpg
r4Ny5fc.jpg

LyjUgOB.jpg
nXYAF7u.jpg

9xZfYj5.jpg
9xIETVy.jpg

JnjtPDs.jpg
xBlP1cA.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

bogglo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS
That gear selector is everything I have always wished for in an automatic car with manual shift option. looks like a meaner 86. I freaking love it. I hope they pull an LC stunt with it.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
With only 5 spots left; anyone else getting worried that new Supra isn't going to be one of them?

bogglo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS
With only 5 spots left; anyone else getting worried that new Supra isn't going to be one of them?
Hahahahaha. I think it would be on there. We all know TMC is the king when it comes to suspense. There is nothing stopping them from dropping the whole list at once. But they had rather keep messing with us with models they know wont make it to the states or outside Japan.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Hahahahaha. I think it would be on there. We all know TMC is the king when it comes to suspense. There is nothing stopping them from dropping the whole list at once. But they had rather keep messing with us with models they know wont make it to the states or outside Japan.
I hope you're right. Lots of people are wondering why Toyota hasn't at least drop some teasers. Well if not Tokyo, hopefully Detroit.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I hope you're right. Lots of people are wondering why Toyota hasn't at least drop some teasers. Well if not Tokyo, hopefully Detroit.
No! No more waiting! Don't give Toyota any ideas that we are "OK" if they decide to push this even further than they have. Its been time lol

Last edited:

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
It has to be Tokyo. In this video the guy said we have to wait until next year (2017) for this one. Detroit falls on the 2018 calendar year.

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
It has to be Tokyo. In this video the guy said we have to wait until next year (2017) for this one. Detroit falls on the 2018 calendar year.
....But LA Autoshow doesn't ..... and calty is in california... hmm.

Jest aside I think it might be shown in Tokyo and then again in LA and NY it will prolly just travel.

I'm just trying to remember what was Toyota and was shown in LA first.....

the reason why I don't think Toyota will show much in LA is because they've moved on to Texas, and it just doesn't make sense. Then again it's all speculation from me.

<TC OFF>

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z

Jest aside I think it might be shown in Tokyo and then again in LA and NY it will prolly just travel.

the reason why I don't think Toyota will show much in LA is because they've moved on to Texas, and it just doesn't make sense. Then again it's all speculation from me.
If they're going to debut anything important it'll be at TMS, not LA. First, TMS is in their backyard and manufacturers tend to go all out for a show in their own country. Second, TMS only happens once every 2 years, so this amplifies the first reason even more for Toyota. Third, TMS is a much bigger show than LA is. Fourth, the shows are so close together in date, why pick LA over TMS.

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?

LA is more known for SUVs/CUVs and green cars.

2016: Toyota C-HR
2015: Scion C-HR
2014: Mirai fuel cell
2013: Toyota Highlander Hybrid
2012: Toyota RAV4
2011: NA
2010: Corolla & RAV4 EV Concept
2009: 4Runner V6 & Sienna
2008: Camry CNG Hybrid Concept
2007: Sequoia

If they're going to debut anything important it'll be at TMS, not LA. First, TMS is in their backyard and manufacturers tend to go all out for a show in their own country. Second, TMS only happens once every 2 years, so this amplifies the first reason even more for Toyota. Third, TMS is a much bigger show than LA is. Fourth, the shows are so close together in date, why pick LA over TMS.
Agree with all of your points. But I think LA is larger in the sense that it happens every year. Tokyo has lost a lot of its lust over the years. However, Japanese automakers are trying to change that with the rumored debuts of the new Z, RX, and of course Supra.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.