Toyota GR GT3 Concept / Lexus LFR

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Would it be like what MB is doing with the SL and the GT?
I'm not sure but after seeing your post I did a search and learned of the AMG GT's unfortunate discontinuation. The AMG division says they are bringing out a successor though which will be electrified in some way (either hybrid gas-electric series hybrid or full BEV).

Apparently Mercedes and AMG are doing with the SL now other than it being shifted to an AMG division product as well. If they're planning to axe the SL entirely that's very sad and unfortunate. A luxury brand needs a two door non-crossover coupe that isn't a $100k+ or far higher priced machine.

I suspect that Lexus is not going to shoot for the same market range as the AMG GT and its successor with whatever replaces the RC and LC but that's just me speculating.
Sponsored

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT
The Lexus EV supercar isnt arriving on sense until 2030. Until then this "LFR" will probably due battle with the 911, AMG GT coupe, and the like.
Okay, but the LFA wasn't a 911 competitor was it? LFA type cars don't come along very often from Tooyta/Lexus and that's my point.

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
Supposedly in addition to this LFR upmarket performance model there will also be a new Lexus two door coupe positioned below it that will replace the LC and RC... so something less than the current $100k LC but costing more than the current RC models.

I can dream that for this Lexus would bring back the SC nameplate as a spiritual successor to the Z30 series (NOT the Z40 series) but there's no talk of that. Although it would be extremely appropriate if they did.
Same, 2nd gen was a huge sales flop lol.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Same, 2nd gen was a huge sales flop lol.
I've driven a 2nd gen SC (430). I guess it has a certain pretty look for the time but it drove like a Buick just with a better suspension.

As soon as I got back into my 1st gen SC (manual model) I was reminded of just how good the original is. Frankly I still feel that way every time I get into it!

Lexus really should make a true successor to it that blends spartan luxury, build quality, timeless design and refined musclecar-like driving dynamics with a chassis that can take 3-4 times the stock horsepower without breaking a sweat like the 1st gen can.

Granted they have to be modified a bit to fully embody all of the high performance potential that the JDM version had from the factory but it's still a unique kind of car that Lexus should resurrect: When modified it's very much a high performance Toyota in a Lexus wrapper. I love the thing and I'm biased I know ;D

Ideally in a perfect world they should give it Lexus qualities but with the chassis, suspension and driveline tuning left to the GR division.

Last edited:

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's not a Camry and there is no rumor at all that Toyota is working on such a thing let alone with a V6.

A hybrid gas-electric with a three pedal manual transmission... yes, Toyota *is* working on that kind of setup and has patents for it. But not in this car that's being mentioned.

The only mid-engine car they've been said to be developing is a possible MR2 successor. But the platform for that is unknown at this time.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That you can not only hear the lovely V8 exhaust note but also apparently the transmission gears and/or differential gears is just perfect. Gear noise is welcome too!

OP
OP
Supra93

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
https://lexusenthusiast.com/forums/threads/lexus-lfr-megathread.6961/page-16#post-87930

77AF6F79-CE2D-4672-A4B1-B501CB8C586F.jpeg

SPY TOYOTA SCOOP

After 25 years

●Total length x total length x total height: 4500m x 1895 tablets x 1240m

●Powertrain: 4EVB Turbo Hybrid

●Chassis: Newspaper RFR platform

V8 Turbo HEV Sport

Lexus LFAI discovery

Reproduced in the October 23 issue, the rear view of the Mercede LFA II is on the front. The long nose is reminiscent of the AMG GT, giving it the silhouette of a sports car.

I found LFAⅡ. The tail lamp was probably an unfinished official part, but the part was installed as a dummy part. When it enters the race, it will be equipped with a large camouflage wing.

Photos EDITORIAL NETWORK

Is the transaxle AT 8 speed instead of 10 speed?

G at the Tokyo Auto Salon about 2 years ago

Ever since the R-GT3 concept was unveiled, this magazine has constantly investigated and published the development status. Looking back at what we have told you in the past, a 4LV8 turbo is installed vertically in the front nose, a motor to assist the engine is placed behind that, and an AT is placed in front of the rear axle. We have previously reported that the AT is a 10-speed, but we have received new information that it is an 8-speed, so we would like to add this. The study model was introduced under the GR name, but since there is a possibility that it will appear wearing a Lexus badge when it goes on the market, this magazine will refer to it by the tentative name LFA II.

continuing.

The development of LFAⅡ is progressing steadily.

A test car that can be used for actual driving has been assembled. This is confirmed by the raw photo posted above, which was exclusively captured by this magazine at a certain location. The body is completely camouflaged, but You can see the super wide tires, the large protruding rear fender, and the slanted back window.The tail lamps are still unfinished and are dummy.

Parts have been substituted, but it is easy to imagine that the notch will be molded into a thin shape. Furthermore, it has a rear wing pattern. It must also be equipped.

The GR brand name will be displayed at the 2022 Tokyo Auto Salon.

Scoop investigated the concept model that appeared in

However, sometimes released by Lexus

The reason why it is so disguised is probably because the preparations for running are carried out in a place where the general public can see it. However, since the Hürburgring is closed for the winter, it is unlikely that the test cars will be taken overseas until at least next spring. It seems more likely that he will visit Fuji Speedway for a secret test before that. After this, it will participate in the 24 Hours of Nurburgring (held on June 1st and 2nd in 2024) and move on to the finishing touches.

Release is planned for after 5 years

However, it appears that GT3 machines will be on sale first, and there is also information that a preview of their release has been given to entrants who are participating in Toyota vehicles such as the RC-F. A road-going version that can be driven on public roads is also being prepared, but its release is likely to be delayed for several years. The plan is to first impress the public with its success in racing, and then sell it by promoting the car as ``a car that was trained on a racing field.''

Uda.

By the way, the LFA II development team has long been running the project using the Mercedes-AMG GT as a benchmark. However, the new AMG GT, which was unveiled in August 2023, changed to a four-seater and evolved in an unexpected direction. It seems that even the Toyota development team was not expecting this, and said, ``There was widespread unrest within the team.''

There is also testimony that Toyota's efforts to connect commercial cars and motorsports seem to be slowly taking hold, and the arrival of the LFAI will likely further strengthen collaboration and improve the company's image.

2024/2

The matte black body is used to represent a "prototype" that is connected to car manufacturing.

◎Protruding information Toyota has announced a new coloring for the machines that will participate in the 2024 WRC Rally and WEC. "Speed" and