Toyota Should Be ASHAMED - Pathetic parts support

j50gt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra 3.0
Bad enough that oil is hard to come by. Since day 1, I've been getting a warning that the trunk was open. No, it's not the emergency release handle problem. The hatch sensor was also checked/replaced. They diagnosed it as a bad body control module, which has been on order since the day I bought it... 6 months ago. First the ETA was 2 weeks, then a month, then 2 months, now it's "there is no ETA". Just abysmal support from Toyota/dealer service network.
Sponsored

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
Bad enough that oil is hard to come by. Since day 1, I've been getting a warning that the trunk was open. No, it's not the emergency release handle problem. The hatch sensor was also checked/replaced. They diagnosed it as a bad body control module, which has been on order since the day I bought it... 6 months ago. First the ETA was 2 weeks, then a month, then 2 months, now it's "there is no ETA". Just abysmal support from Toyota/dealer service network.
Everything is on indefinite backorder I understand your feelings but its kind of a "it is what it is" situation right now even direct parts warehouses to manufacturer have no idea when they will get something in and only can provide estimates.

Davidpingu

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK8 Civic Type R, Mercedes GLC
Assuming this is not an April fools……

I’m not sure you can blame this on Toyota to be perfectly honest.
My electrician has a 7 year old VW Passat that developed an electrical fault and needs a new part. His car has been off the road for almost 3 months now just waiting.
Unfortunately a little thing called Covid happened, followed by this guy called Putin taking a massive shit on Ukraine so yeah I’m afraid there may be delays in us all being able to have fun in our cars.
it sucks but I guess we have to just deal with the fact that just maybe sometimes shit happens.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
I'll make some calls.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Riiight. Toyota's fault that the entire world is falling apart because of supply chain issues. I suppose it's their fault I can't get a new ECU for my dishwasher right now as well.. It's been at least six months since I ordered it.

Oil... I haven't had a hard time finding. LiquiMoly for the fucking wiiinnnnnnn

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I suppose it's their fault I can't get a new ECU for my dishwasher right now as well.. It's been at least six months since I ordered it.
Damn it Zack! You can't tune your DW to wash faster. You fried it attempting to unlock yourself, didn't you ?

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I had to have warranty work done and they had to get the exhaust side vanos camshaft bolt. It was supposed to be 2 weeks to get it then it was back ordered and took 2 months to get. They had me in a loaner which was fantastic but it’s not their fault that the manufacturer is short on parts. These are semi unprecedented times. However just because they say 6 months doesn’t mean it will actually be 6 months it could just show up one day way in advance.

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
eeeh... shit happens. buying a low volume car made by a subsubcontractor is pushing fate in multiple dimensions. I don't envy anybody who needs auto parts in this day and age of pandemics, shutdowns, war...

We were supposed to get a custom battery pack for a demo car delivered last october... the pack maker should finally be getting cells from china end of march, guess what, COVID IS BACK, baby!

but at least the oil for this car is just regular 0w20, you can get it at meijer.

Your car still runs, hell, the trunk still opens, right? Count your blessings ?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Not to mention parts of China are in lockdown due to Omicron with Zero Tolerance policy.

Don't know if this is April fools as 3/31 is cutting it close but :
GM keeps plants running in China by asking workers to live in factory, sleep on floors

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...22/03/29/gm-china-factory-workers/7206697001/

OP, I wonder if you can BimmerCode the warning or checking. Or BimmerLink delete err.

Reactions: zrk

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
This had better be a joke.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Not to mention parts of China are in lockdown due to Omicron with Zero Tolerance policy.

GM keeps plants running in China by asking workers to live in factory, sleep on floors

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...22/03/29/gm-china-factory-workers/7206697001/

OP, I wonder if you can BimmerCode the warning or checking. Or BimmerLink delete err.
Just updated on 3/31 but shows published on 3/29 so probably not a joke. :oops:

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46

nope, totally believable. It’s already been reported that traders in Shanghai banks are living at their desks during the covid lock down.

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
ive been waiting for replacement wiper arms to arrive at the dealer since mid 2021. I’m not in a hurry but yes, the entire dealer parts process for the supra is ridiculous. It’s faster to just go over to your nearest BMW stockist and get the z4 equivalent part. If they don’t have it in stock, they can get it faster anyway.

That’s what I did for the gas filler cap. Toyota quoted me triple the cost and delivery time. Bmw stockist ordered the bmw part from Germany with zero fuss. Go figure. So much faster when you bypass Toyota altogether.
Sponsored