Toyota Supra Spied with Production Bumper, Side Vents and Wheels!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I have yet to see a Japanese driver in any of the test mules. Anyone concerned that Toyota may not have too much input about the overall feel of the car? I mean, historically speaking, Toyota had their own (inhouse) drivers testing these cars....but all the drivers I’ve seen with these mules have been Euro-boys.
I've been wondering about that for a while - more specifically, the latest round of spy shots nearly all have the Supra testing alongside the Bimmer prototypes, which may point to a lot of joint or even BMW-led driveline and suspension tuning. It leaves you asking whether all the talk we heard earlier of the two cars being "completely different in character" was empty marketing puffery.
Sponsored

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ Perhaps these mirrors were the best to use due to all the cladding and extra panels this thing was carrying??? Maybe the production mirrors will not be seen until Toyota shows us the road version of this car.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Sure the design may be different, but the actual area of the mirror glass is unlikely to change significantly, Toyota would want to extensively field test mirrors of the planned size for usability reasons before release. They are not going to drop a much smaller mirror on at the last minute.

sal

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C63 AMG & ST205 WRC
There have been plenty of prototypes running around in Japan, a good majority of the photos are from Germany near or at the Nurburgring.

Timster1990

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50
Looks much better :thumbsup:

I changed the door entry a bit

dfghjk.jpg
Do you think you can add paint? Red or Blue? Side note" Why does everyone love the TE37's so much, they're so plain Jane to me. Overly simple and over priced.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
They do look better, but they will need to about twice that height for a production version.

The production mirror cap design may wind up being different than what we have seen on camo'd cars but I very much doubt the mirrors themselves will be any smaller than those on the snowy camo'd Supra above - they are testing the size they intend to go with, why would they test oversized mirrors?
I made them like 4 times larger than concept. It's no surprise that the ones on the concept were to small. The designers themselves have said production units would have to be larger.

Its a sports car after all, just eye balling it, it is about the same size as other sports car. Maybe because those prototypes are very expensive and they want to make sure they don't get damaged. Better to be safe then sorry.

Just for the record I never advocated for tiny mirrors. I just want them to be sized appropriately and styled nicely.

360-mx5-st-crystalwhite-extonly-03.jpg

911-6.jpg

banner-c7white.jpg

Last edited:

Timster1990

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50
I made them like 4 times larger than concept. It's no surprise that the ones on the concept were to small. The designers themselves have said production units would have to be larger. Its a sports car after all, just eye balling it, it is about the same size as other sports car.

360-mx5-st-crystalwhite-extonly-03.jpg

911-6.jpg

banner-c7white.jpg
except those mirrors aren't ugly and awkwardly mounted. They remind me of the Ford F 150 extendable mirrors.

Last edited:

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
except those mirrors aren't ugly and awkwardly mounted.
That's what I been saying about the ones on the test car (ugly). I also prefer door mounted mirrors, but insider said that ain't happening. So if that's the case I at least hope they style them nicely.

2jztks

First Name
derek
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 supra
Guff , I totally agree keep everybody distracted over in Europe with low HP units while the HIGH HP cars are being test in Japan away from prying eyes. Toyota isn't a bunch of fools did we really think they were going to test the good stuff right in broad daylight on public streets. That stuff is being tested on a closed course with very limited access to anyone.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
For those that are that concern about visibility you should buy a pick up. :rofl:

On a serious can everyone please shut up about the mirrors already! Those are not the production units. They are straight off of a 3 series and only there for testing purposes.

Fun fact, the LFA prototype had MKIV mirrors on them. But that didn't mean they were used for the production car.

Lexus%20LF-A%20spyshot3.jpg

Timster1990

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50
Guff , I totally agree keep everybody distracted over in Europe with low HP units while the HIGH HP cars are being test in Japan away from prying eyes. Toyota isn't a bunch of fools did we really think they were going to test the good stuff right in broad daylight on public streets. That stuff is being tested on a closed course with very limited access to anyone.
Lol, you've got a TON of confidence in Toyota, I've learned to treat Toyota projects like a distant Father. Low expectations, because they will almost always disappoint. At least that's how I felt when the 86 was released.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.