18" vs 19" wheels?

SupraEffective

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 2022
Not sure if this has been asked here before. Just want to know from your guys opinions or experience.

The stock wheels on the Supra are 19" and want to stick with the same size as that is what Gazoo Racing intended for the car, but almost all the wheels I've been interested in are 18".

I do see some Supra builds with 18" just curious to know if there is any draw backs or improvements?

I did do my research 18' vs 19" but I just want to hear from your guys opinion and if there is any noticeable differences on the Supra.
Sponsored

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
The stock wheels on the Supra are 19" and want to stick with the same size as that is what Gazoo Racing intended for the car, but almost all the wheels I've been interested in are 18".
I think it could be argued that GR intended both wheel sizes. Here in the Australia our base GT model comes with 18" wheels while the GTS comes with 19". No 2.0 Supra is offered. Suffice to say, I don't think you are straying from the GR formula with those two wheel sizes.

AP1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR
Not sure if this has been asked here before. Just want to know from your guys opinions or experience.

I do see some Supra builds with 18" just curious to know if there is any draw backs or improvements?

I did do my research 18' vs 19" but I just want to hear from your guys opinion and if there is any noticeable differences on the Supra.
Stock is 19". But proper question should be "keep 19 or upgrade to 20?"

OP
OP
SupraEffective

SupraEffective

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 2022
I think it could be argued that GR intended both wheel sizes. Here in the Australia our base GT model comes with 18" wheels while the GTS comes with 19". No 2.0 Supra is offered. Suffice to say, I don't think you are straying from the GR formula with those two wheel sizes.
Didnt know that, thought all Supra 3.0 came in 19".

I think you maybe right

Rob901

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 STi, '23 A90-MT
18's will give you more tire options. Depends on what your goals are for the car.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
18" wheels are lighter, you have more tire choices, and the car will ride better. If you swap, you can get a square fitment, which is nice if you like to rotate tires.
They don't look "hella flush" or have "stance", but that's okay for some of us.
Sponsored