2022 Supra Locked DME ?

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
I'm not so sure I'd consider those strikes, at least hard strikes. The manual definitely isn't, it just depends on what your goals are. As a weekend date-night car, sure. Manual wins. Races, manual loses - or you're put in the H-pattern class.

There are many reasons to prefer a car that's a little more expensive, especailly when it comes to the community and vendors. Smaller market = better quality from components = better support from vendors, even if the price is a premium. Who cares really? Only those who are especially budget concious.

And the Z is well.. A Z. It certainly looks better than the 350 and 370, but it's not the most attractive car I've seen. At the Chicago Auto Show the interior was.. sketchy, at best.
The other thing no one is discussing about the Z is how intrusive the stability control is on Nissans. I mean they are no fun at all and you canā€™t shut that TC and SC off. I mean , sure, you can unplug the gyro under the center console but thats such a hack. I prefer a car thatā€™s been holistically thought thru.
Sponsored

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Please someone do it! I want to see how fast a Supra with a laptop in the passenger seat is. The teardown of the B58 by Papadakis Racing is part of the reason I bought one.

2020 Supra B58 Engine Teardown - First Look - Better than the 2JZ? - YouTube
The standard for understanding this impressive engine. I have had 2 BMW's with this motor. Zero issues, leaks etc. Reliable, well made and can handle significant power. Coupled with the ZF8 gearbox = superb drivetrain.

As an overall package there is not much else out there as good. Certainly wont be the new Z either. The Supra 3.0 has the better motor and gearbox. 5 million views of this video. If you want to know something about this motor - watch!

My new M240i will arrive in about 10 days. Very excited to have this motor again.

Fun comment from the comments section:

QurttoRco
2 years ago

Internet experts: This engine is POS.
Actual race car builder: I'm pretty impressed

Last edited: