23 Supra Does Not Have a DCM?

pmedrano97

First Name
Paulino
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
I have been trying to connect my car to the Supra Connect App since I've taken delivery of it in mid June, but I would always get an error message saying the information could not be verified. I decided to just give them a call to see if they could help from reading some other threads on this topic, however when I spoke to the rep on the phone, they told me my car didn't come with the DCM.

Verified this over the phone by telling me if I didn't have the SOS button, I could not use or connect to any of the services. Her reasoning when I stated I figured it came with every new vehicle, was that, verbatim, "depending on who was making it in the factory, they just didn't install it in your vehicle". Seems odd.

Not that big of a deal honestly, but I just find it strange. Anyone else been told this? Or anything different?
Sponsored

SupraEffective

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 2022
I have been trying to connect my car to the Supra Connect App since I've taken delivery of it in mid June, but I would always get an error message saying the information could not be verified. I decided to just give them a call to see if they could help from reading some other threads on this topic, however when I spoke to the rep on the phone, they told me my car didn't come with the DCM.

Verified this over the phone by telling me if I didn't have the SOS button, I could not use or connect to any of the services. Her reasoning when I stated I figured it came with every new vehicle, was that, verbatim, "depending on who was making it in the factory, they just didn't install it in your vehicle". Seems odd.

Not that big of a deal honestly, but I just find it strange. Anyone else been told this? Or anything different?
Im gonna be honest, the Supra Connect App is trash. I have never used it and probably wont ever use it again. If you have an iPhone it pretty much tells you almost everything SC does but without the mpg and miles.

I had the dealer fix mine because they wouldn't let me leave the lot until the car was 100%

You are not missing out on much.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
"depending on who was making it in the factory, they just didn't install it in your vehicle". Seems odd.
You didn't read the fine print when buying the car, did you ? So typical..
Magna said:
During hot days, certain components including but not limited to brake pedal, side mirror(s), emergency systems may be omitted by the morning shift.
Right before and after breaks and shift changes some bolts may be torqued below the specifications and gas tank may be filled with urine.