Hillstart

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 GT86, 2019 Supra A90edition, 2020 GR Yaris CP
why do you mean by imperfections?
Went back today, car being readied for PDI and collection on Saturday, forecast to be sunny all weekend, also got reg no.
Imperfections, whatever I saw on Thursday evening, isn't there now.
Have you decided what to do about siting front number plate? I'll probably stick to usual place having now seen the holder, didn't seem that bulky to me.
Sponsored

Hillstart

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Question how's the GAP insurance going to work on the Limited Edition versions assuming there will be no replacement vehicles, will we just get our money back for the difference between the insurance payout and the cost of the vehicle?
How many have taken Gap insurance out?

OP
OP
Gaz_smithy

Gaz_smithy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86
Vehicle Showcase
Question how's the GAP insurance going to work on the Limited Edition versions assuming there will be no replacement vehicles, will we just get our money back for the difference between the insurance payout and the cost of the vehicle?
Knowing what Toyota has done with the GT86 I suspect this won’t be the only special edition although they may be less limited. I have then out vehicle plus replacement Gap incase in future there are any increases in purchase price or any limited run cars should mine end up a right off. Fingers crossed I never have to use it however for the sake of £350 better safe than sorry.

a90_tay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E92 M3, MKIV TT6, A90 Edition on Order
So - i spoke to multiple insurance companies

Some will only pay the market value in event of a write off
Some will try and replace it with the next best thing, if you refuse they will give you invoice value you paid (first 12 months) - thats what i went for.

In regards to front plate, i still don't have mine on.

I bought a F series tow hook holder that was linked in a different thread, i have a square plate, and a rectangle plate so i'll decide when i get it back from PPF which one i'll choose.

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition, 2021 GR Yaris
Picked up my car today, looking great! Fun drive home now sitting in the drive next to my 86! Managed to get in to the garage to do the new car paint prep/ceramic coating myself at the weekend so will post about that later as well. Overall seems like the matte paint won't be too bad to clean i hope.

Hillstart

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Picked up my car today, looking great! Fun drive home now sitting in the drive next to my 86! Managed to get in to the garage to do the new car paint prep/ceramic coating myself at the weekend so will post about that later as well. Overall seems like the matte paint won't be too bad to clean i hope.
Hope it worth the wait after all the hassle.

Hillstart

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Knowing what Toyota has done with the GT86 I suspect this won’t be the only special edition although they may be less limited. I have then out vehicle plus replacement Gap incase in future there are any increases in purchase price or any limited run cars should mine end up a right off. Fingers crossed I never have to use it however for the sake of £350 better safe than sorry.
£350, who was that with? best quote so far is with Toyota £449 for invoice value.

Ursicles

First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Aston Martin V8 Vantage S, Skoda Vrs 245
Try ALA ... Use the code MSE25 ... They are very well regarded and the code is from money saving expert guy :)

Hillstart

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Try ALA ... Use the code MSE25 ... They are very well regarded and the code is from money saving expert guy :)
Tried them but wouldn’t quote when I entered invoice (OTR) value, maximum they will insurance is £50k.
How’s the Aston?

OP
OP
Gaz_smithy

Gaz_smithy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86
Vehicle Showcase
£350, who was that with? best quote so far is with Toyota £449 for invoice value.
Tried them but wouldn’t quote when I entered invoice (OTR) value, maximum they will insurance is £50k.
How’s the Aston?
Remember that's 50K over the top of the what your normal insurance will already pay out.

Ursicles

First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Aston Martin V8 Vantage S, Skoda Vrs 245
How’s the Aston?

Aston is nothing short of incredible! The noise etc at 20mph just makes you smile.

Think I would get less looks if I were to drive a bright pink fire-engine :)

MPG is er….. not high, but I didn't buy it for MPG - got my Aygo for that!

a90_tay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Still a bit miffed we haven’t got a plaque

Gonna chase Toyota on it again

Here is one from an owner in Switzerland. I wonder why he has one and we don’t..

1976521F-3DEE-4E3A-A333-3A7AB4CC48A6.jpeg

Hillstart

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Still a bit miffed we haven’t got a plaque

Gonna chase Toyota on it again

Here is one from an owner in Switzerland. I wonder why he has one and we don’t..

1976521F-3DEE-4E3A-A333-3A7AB4CC48A6.jpeg
Ditto, I assume ours would say 1/24, however, was the UK allocation in addition to or included as part of the European allocation of 90?

a90_tay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ditto, I assume ours would say 1/24, however, was the UK allocation in addition to or included as part of the European allocation of 90?
included mate
Sponsored