A90 Supra Heat Exchanger List & Specifications

jb_mkv

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
@Thraxbert I was going for heat exchangers and stuff. Was debating between CSF or do88(got recommended by a friend) I dont know much about heat exchangers, but it would help to know whats the best heat exchanger to go for. Heard someone say that CSF is garbage. Also are transmission coolers and auxiliary radiators necessary?

P.S yes I know the best thing I could do for cooling is getting an intake manifold, but I dont have that kind of money rn.
Upgrading the heat exchanger(s) just because you can't afford an intake manifold for now does not sound like a good use of your money imo, especially if 1) you know the intake manifold is the much better upgrade and 2) you're budget constrained. In your situation, I would save up for mods that I know I'll get the most gains from. Settling will lead to disappointment. You're going to burn $700-1600 when you could just get a Wagner Tuning intake manifold for $2500. Razorlab has posted tons of data showing that it works.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
Iā€™ve got a NIB 4-piece CSF cooling package for sale if anyone is interested. Heat exchanger, aux rads, and trans cooler. Going with a different setup and oil cooler on my 2.0

Shifty

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Very interesting take. I live in Texas where our summers are brutal, and one of the guys that has a lot of knowledge on the Supra and tracks his car regularly just recommended a radiator to help with cooling.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Very interesting take. I live in Texas where our summers are brutal, and one of the guys that has a lot of knowledge on the Supra and tracks his car regularly just recommended a radiator to help with cooling.
I know peeps that have gotten all the little tidbits for cooling. Nothing really seems to make a difference over OEM, except the manifold. Thatā€™s what Iā€™ll do when the next wad of money starts burning a hole in my pocket.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner

Shifty

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Iā€™m on track then. Already have these installedšŸ‘
Me too! Canā€™t hurt. Iā€™ve got both (& ā€upgradedā€ radiator) & still want the manifold someday šŸ˜œ

Texas is probably similar. If anyone doesnā€™t notice power drain, heat soak, whatever you want to call it (disclaimer - Iā€™m not an engineer- I just drive the damn thing), then they are not driving in our weather or hard enough. My top lap speed on the back straight of Sebring (the longest) goes down. Thatā€™s just a number. You can feel it way before & when the day goes on & the heat increases as the day goes on (like my run on sentences). Thereā€™s a noticeable power loss in extreme heat w/out an upgraded manifold šŸ»

Good news, I donā€™t drive in that extreme heat often (on track). So me and the car both feel better šŸ’
Sponsored