Air intake noise with full exhaust system

Hien

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium (Nocturnal, Automatic)
Does air intake noise get drowned out by a full exhaust system? I only have a catted DP and waiting on AWE Resonated Touring....don't have have an intake yet but soon!
Sponsored

BumbleBoi

First Name
LT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5 supra
Does air intake noise get drowned out by a full exhaust system? I only have a catted DP and waiting on AWE Resonated Touring....don't have have an intake yet but soon!
I have a mst intake and a valvetronic design exhaust. The intake is still audible even in sports mode.

Keelhauler

First Name
Sameer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium - Nocturnal Black
I have the mst v2 intake and the magnaflow xmod exhaust and even though I have the straight-through section on the valved side, I can hear the intake no matter how loud the car gets.

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
I have an AA catted DP and valved exhaust (mbrp) which is very loud. I still hear “Vader” (armaspeed intake) breathing.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm running a catless downpipe with the AWE track exhaust and an MSTv2 intake setup. It's difficult to tell what is what, honestly. The only time I can clearly hear intake/turbo noises is with the widows down and I'm next to a wall or guard rail - something that reflects sound back into the car. Not having an interior in the car doesn't help either, because I can hear every mechanical everything doing everything.
Sponsored