Any interest in a Twisted Sisters drive?

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Also known as Three Sisters, this route comprises Texas Ranch Roads 335, 336 and 337. The Sisters is famed for being scenic and challenging, making it one of the best runs in the country. These three connecting Ranch Roads have over 200 twists and turns between them.

It is ranked as one of the very best drives in the U.S. (especially for motorcyclists). It includes some technical stretches, beautiful scenery along the Frio River, and amenities at the start and finish. Itā€™s about 130 miles if you start at Medina.

This landscape was populated by Comanche and Apache Indians and stirs up images of the old West made popular in the movies.

Oh, and Garvens Store, located a few miles east of the intersection of 336 and 41, has what is arguably the best chopped beef sandwich in Texas.

If thereā€™s interest in this, letā€™s coordinate. Maybe a Sunday.

7F830717-C251-4216-AAAF-161083F4CDB1.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

roadtripper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
The sisters are probably the best roads in Texas. I probably wouldn't rate in top twenty in the USA Though. Still excellent though. And some really good food to be found. Check with Texas road dept for closures and and construction. They had some bad flooding recently and at least one section (one lane) was washed out completely. Watch out for deer, They are everywhere! I might be interested in a meet up this winter.

OP
OP
AustinGRSupra

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I might be interested in a meet up this winter.
Thanks! Any time you want to drive.

In the meantime....

In the next month, if people indicate theyā€™re interested, we can do a meet and then drive the Sisters.

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997.2 GT3, 2021 A91, 2008 S2K CR,
Would love to get in on this but just not feasible this year with work unfortunately. Hopefully in for a future drive.

phm14

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hakone 86, '18 Tundra 4x4, '15 4Runner Trail
Vehicle Showcase
This is a beautiful Texas Hill Country drive, part of which follows the Frio River canyon. I've done it a few times, on a motorcycle. Much of the exposure along the route will "disappear" a vehicle that leaves the road, so a buddy or two is a good idea, or at least let someone know where you are & when to expect you back. Certain sections have warning signs/fatality counts posted. Depending on season & time of day, I've seen herds of deer, rafters of turkey, and lots of other wildlife along and crossing the road, dozens of them at times. Remember, roadside wildlife, especially deer, will often run back the direction they came, when startled by traffic. That means if they are on the opposite side of the road from the direction they came, they can unexpectedly try and run back across the road, as a vehicle passes. This causes many accidents. Slow WAY down when you see wildlife on the side of the road. They are unpredictable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AustinGRSupra

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
This is a beautiful Texas Hill Country drive, part of which follows the Frio River canyon. I've done it a few times, on a motorcycle. Much of the exposure along the route will "disappear" a vehicle that leaves the road, so a buddy or two is a good idea, or at least let someone know where you are & when to expect you back. Certain sections have warning signs/fatality counts posted. Depending on season & time of day, I've seen herds of deer, rafters of turkey, and lots of other wildlife along and crossing the road, dozens of them at times. Remember, roadside wildlife, especially deer, will often run back the direction they came, when started by traffic. That means if they are on the opposite side of the road from the direction they came, they can unexpectedly try and run back across the road, as a vehicle passes. This causes many accidents. Slow WAY down when you see wildlife on the side of the road. They are unpredictable.
Thanks for the info., and, great advice regarding wildlife.

dsipple92

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
I have done this road several times when i had my fiat abarth. Loved it! I am down please let me know when you want to schedule this!

OP
OP
AustinGRSupra

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Ok, after much feedback, the official date for Twisted Sisters is Sunday 10/11. Weather permitting, of course. Sign up here: weā€™ll coordinate!

dsipple92

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
What time? Ill probably book a hotel in kerville and stay there Saturday night.
Sponsored