Anyone has a leaky transmission fluid pan?

Blobbered

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Grey A90
Hello.

I have experienced a similar issue.
Later found that it was due to improper removal of the engine oil filter.
The oil would drip from the filter casing to the underneath cover and from there it will spread toward the ATM pan on drive.

To confirm remove the underneath cover located right below the engine oil filter and check for any oil.
Thanks for the information,

The car has not been touched ever in terms of oil changes. Brand new 3000 miles.
Sponsored

Fast_Freddie

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Gray Premium, 2005 Evo VIII
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was leaking prior to oil service, and pretty sure it is still leaking after pan/gasket replacement... has to the be trans ouput shaft seal that is leaking...

Fast_Freddie

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, went back for my 2nd oil change yesterday, and asked them to check the trans for leaks again, as I noticed the pan was wet a month or so ago when I had it in the air. I asked them to check the output shaft seal as a few people had leaking issues there. The tech took a look at it, but said it was dry, and he does not suspect it is leaking from the output shaft seal. He took pics and has to send to Toyota to get guidance on how to proceed as they have already replaced the trans pan previously... Will update once I hear something

Fast_Freddie

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Update for today,
Service manager called this morning, and Toyota corporate called and is having the dealership replace the trans pan again. He was saying there were some changes to the gasket or something so I am dropping it off later to get the pan swapped out again this morning. If i didn't mention it before, the pan they put on the car last time was a pan direct from ZF, it was not from the Toyota parts network... Will update again later.

FYI, I do agree with the tech saying that it did not look like the output shaft seal, when I checked it when i had it in the air, it looked dry, and there was not a trail of fluid running down the trans, yoke or driveshaft...

wowmk5

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Mine still leaks even after yoke flange replacement

Calderon93

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Update for today,
Service manager called this morning, and Toyota corporate called and is having the dealership replace the trans pan again. He was saying there were some changes to the gasket or something so I am dropping it off later to get the pan swapped out again this morning. If i didn't mention it before, the pan they put on the car last time was a pan direct from ZF, it was not from the Toyota parts network... Will update again later.

FYI, I do agree with the tech saying that it did not look like the output shaft seal, when I checked it when i had it in the air, it looked dry, and there was not a trail of fluid running down the trans, yoke or driveshaft...
I am also having this issue. I am not too extremely worried about it. But please keep us updated so we know what the best approach is

Pacchin55

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Just found out mine has this issue as well. I believe mine is a Nov 2019 build. Replaced my pan myself and after 250 miles and now it is clear that it is not the pan leaking but the yoke. Would rather order the parts and do the job myself but after checking the service manual it requires a bunch of special BMW tools to pop out and install the seal. Following.

Last edited:

Pacchin55

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Part Qty: 1 Part #: 34780WAA01 Part Desc: YOKE ASSY, FLANGE
Just tell them to order this+tools. Super common issue
Is that part # for the entire assembly or just the seal? I also see there is a "repair kit" associated with that part number. Is the repair kit comprise of the tools required for the change?

SVHO

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 MX5 ND, 2019 Acura RDX
So for the leak, would it show any on the driveway or there is a tray underneath the area?

3rdGearEvo

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 2003 Evo VIII
If you lay on the ground next to the passenger side of the car, you can shine a flashlight between the chassis and shroud under the tranny pan. It’s not very easy to see but if you look closely you’ll see the tranny pan and tell if it’s leaking.
EE8B663E-F2CD-4ADE-8719-324C958BB288.png
0BF04553-3788-4E14-A14C-3EE3E172AF4B.png

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Brought mine in for an oil change today and got this picture from the service team. They are starting with replacing the pan and seal. I'm guessing I'll be bringing it back again to have the yoke done. Making note of the part numbers

IMG_7241.PNG

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Brought mine in for an oil change today and got this picture from the service team. They are starting with replacing the pan and seal. I'm guessing I'll be bringing it back again to have the yoke done. Making note of the part numbers

IMG_7241.PNG
Welp! Was in today having the oil changed. Wanted the dealership to do it so they could check the trans pan and have documentation of the problem and all. It’s wet again. Back in it goes for the yoke seal I guess.
Sponsored