APE Flex fuel sensor kit install! - with APE Multi-Gauge Bluetooth Flex Fuel Gauge!

Supra_Serg

First Name
Serg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Hey whats up everyone doing my first DIY install on this APE flex fuel sensor and gauge honestly one of the easiest installs I have done on the car, The cable management and taking off fuel lines would have to be the hardest part about it. Ill be working with Alternative Performance Engineering to bring you guys a supra specific kit that will be exact plug and play to our cars.

BgH0wiE.png

Bluetooth Flex Fuel Gauge, that also has the ability to add two 5V sensors and monitor them wirelessly. For instance you can add a wideband oxygen sensor or MAP sensor. There is an Android and iPhone app available that allows you to customize the scaling factors for these two inputs and allows you to configure the color coding and warning levels for the gauges. The app also has a data-logging feature and a Ethanol Calculator that you can use to determine your exact mixture.

• Supports any 5V sensor
  • Data-Logging
  • Has Flex Sensor Output for ECU
    • Integrated 10Kohm pull up resistor
Tools needed:
  • Razor blade
  • Zip Ties
  • 10MM Wrench of deep socket/ratchet either will do
  • Flat head screwdriver
I used a step drill bit to make one hole on the bluetooth sensor/gauge bigger to fit it over a long bolt in the engine compartment, this is not required I just did it because it cleaned things up a bit and looked natural.

Step 1:
Remove engine cover and black heat shield padding from the rear of the engine

Step 2:
Remove OEM fuel line from both sides you'll be removing the grey plastic clip by pushing it up, make sure to hold on to it as you take it off so you don't loose them and you can keep them afterwards.
upload_2020-5-13_16-42-26.png

upload_2020-5-13_16-42-2.png

Step 3: Replace OEM fuel line with the APE fuel line that has the flex fuel sensor inline.
upload_2020-5-13_16-40-48.png

Step 4: Plugging in sensor and running wiring
upload_2020-5-13_16-41-13.png

Step 5: Connecting ground

Step 6: Now to power the switch wire that will allow power to the module and turn off the sensor when the car itself is off to prevent killing your battery.

I found there is a perfect hole to punch wires threw right behind a black padding that easily comes off where the blue circle is at.

Step 7: Remove the plastic cover underneath the glove box to gain access to the fuse box.
There is 2 plastic screws that will need to be loosened with a flat head or if you have strong fingers that works too :headbang:

waNiN5b.jpg

JLfHdEE.jpg

Step 8:Once you have access to the fuse box you will plug in the Add a fuse tap adapter my kit has been soldered but it comes disassembled so you can either do the same or twist the wires with some shrink wrap and that will work just fine as-well.

P.s. just incase you cant tell the fuse in in the 3rd from the back right next to the other 10 fuse.

Step 9: I choose to step drill out my multi gauge just a tad so I could mount it nicely on one of the bolts that were available.

Ek8lPFu.jpg

The final step would be cable management to your liking :beer:

Go ahead and download the app in the mean time its very simple to download and it automatically finds your sensor to start monitoring Ethanol content right away!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ghostop

First Name
John snow
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Zl1 10sp 2017 civic type r
Does this have flex fuel capabilities once hooked up? Can you run bootmod3 or ecutek ? How does it talk to Ecu to change timing ? Thanks for your write up and time

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Does this have flex fuel capabilities once hooked up? Can you run bootmod3 or ecutek ? How does it talk to Ecu to change timing ? Thanks for your write up and time
This will not work with EcuTek. EcuTek requires can bus based ouptut. This outputs the raw digital signal from the sensor (50-150hz). I dont know of anything about BM3 if they have progress on flex fuel or not, and if they will be using can bus or analog input.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
So it basically tells you the same thing as a $10 graduated cylinder.

OP
OP
Supra_Serg

Supra_Serg

First Name
Serg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
This will not work with EcuTek. EcuTek requires can bus based ouptut. This outputs the raw digital signal from the sensor (50-150hz). I dont know of anything about BM3 if they have progress on flex fuel or not, and if they will be using can bus or analog input.
This kit when bought for the Supra now does come with can bus integration just like the Visconti taps into the same points aswell currently what I’m running on the car will have official units soon but if anyone’s interested they can message me directly.
Sponsored