Armaspeed Carbon Fiber CAI: Incredible intake for the Supra MKV (Video of install and sounds)

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
2021 Supra MKV 3.0, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

As soon as Armaspeed's CAI for the MKV was announced, I knew I had to get it. Their carbon fiber models are simply gorgeous and after confirming this was available for the B48, I contacted them immediately. Even with this coming over seas, it arrived very swiftly (around 1 week or less).

There are several variants to choose from (depending on stock), including black powder coated, carbon fiber and forged carbon fiber. I love the original carbon fiber look and the quality their gloss weave on this CAI is amazing. It's such a beauty, especially in person. The install is a breeze, taking around 30-45 minutes; and that's with chatting and taking pictures of the process.

This particular CAI from Armaspeed delivers a plethora of turbo noises, previously hidden with the OEM intake. You'll hear the turbo spool, vent and my absolute favorite...flutter under load (especially in a higher gear with a light push and release on the gas pedal). I was honestly shocked how loud it was in the car and figured it would be much more tame outside. To my delight, it's even louder outside the car! Lots of thumbs ups this weekend, from people hearing me coming, before they could see the Supra, LOL. My wife shot some of the footage in the video below and she was the first one to tell me how mean it sounded outside the car (specifically mentioned she heard the "stu tu tu tu tu") well before I came into view around the corner.

Previous dynos have shown around 20 lbs of TQ gained and 5HP or so from before and after pulls. It certainly does feel a bit more peppy, just from my launch and roll tests (noticeably more tire spin...gonna need some wider guys in the back next year). Consistent back to back 4.2-4.3 for 0-60mph times, and that's with spinning 1st and waiting for 2nd to hook up top. It was also 33-35 degrees outside, so with a solid launch on a warmer day, it would be upper 3s all day long at this point.

Huge thanks to @ARMASPEED in working with me on this and to my performance shop, Pompeii Motorsports, for the clean install as always. Enjoy the video, which includes pictures and turbo sounds from inside and outside the Supra!

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
R_R8TED

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
2021 Supra MKV 3.0, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Man that sounds good!
Thanks so much! Videos don't do it justice. It really does sound wicked, both outside the car and inside while driving. Cosmetically I don't think anyone else touches this intake either =)
Sponsored