Audio Plus Sub/Amp and Supra Recall

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, BRZ, MGB, Triumph TR3, AH 100-4,
I took my 2021 Supra (6/20 date) to the dealer for the factory recall and they are not able to perform task because I changed factory amp to an Audio Plus after market Sub/Amp. I first must remove Audio Plus and reinstall factory amp, then hopefully all goes well with recall. With that being said, love the Audio Plus system. What a pain; but I did find out that my 2021 Supra has a tunable ECU. Let the tuning begin...
Sponsored

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Sadly, I saw this coming awhile ago after a number of people here on the forum, who had unplugged their ASD modules, had to go back and plug it in to perform recall update...Removing / bypassing the OE amp will also prevent the recall update from being installed...

Also after your recall update isn't the ECU locked and will need to be unlocked in order to tune?

OP
OP

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, BRZ, MGB, Triumph TR3, AH 100-4,
Sadly, I saw this coming awhile ago after a number of people here on the forum, who had unplugged their ASD modules, had to go back and plug it in to perform recall update...Removing / bypassing the OE amp will also prevent the recall update from being installed...

Also after your recall update isn't the ECU locked and will need to be unlocked in order to tune?
Yes, I will have to have ECU unlocked. ECU date: 4/20 and my understand is ECU prior to 6/20 are tunable. Am I correct?

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
It was probably locked to begin with since it's a 4/20 date but better than shipping it out to Russia.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
It was probably locked to begin with since it's a 4/20 date but better than shipping it out to Russia.
software locked though, not hardware. so it's not that big of a deal. Just needs a bench unlock.
Sponsored