Auto HVAC

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Ok, so I’ve searched the forum and also read thru the manual. Someone clarify for me how to get the fan speed to be controlled by the Auto climate temp. Function. If I set the Auto to be on my fan speed does not go up or down at all automatically. I will crank down the temp as low as it will go with the ac on auto to verify the Auto mode isn’t controlling the fan. If I hit the fan speed button it will go up or down but the auto button light doesn’t go off. I’ve had many other cars with auto hvac but the logic in this system eludes me.
The manual says to adjust the fan manually to turn off the auto button first. I’ve never done this so perhaps things are out of sync now. :crazy:
Sponsored

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
It’s a really weird system. When in auto, the fan speed button sets the maximum fan speed allowed. So the fan speed can vary, but it will go no higher than what is selected. Strangest climate control system I’ve ever seen.

OP
OP

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
It’s a really weird system. When in auto, the fan speed button sets the maximum fan speed allowed. So the fan speed can vary, but it will go no higher than what is selected. Strangest climate control system I’ve ever seen.
ah, no shit. That is too stupid. Thanks. I’ll give it a try.
Sponsored