AWE TRACK IN CANADA / DECIBEL MEASUREMENTS?!?!?!

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
And if you want it to appear that you have a muffler or mufflers the rear resonators on the Touring will give you that.
This. Using a combination of non-sport mode and a gentle foot should avoid alerting the thin blue line of what it's capable of. Just be aware that those rear resonators hang pretty low.. probably not low enough to scrape at stock height, but low enough to make you think about it whenever you're near a decent gradient. šŸ˜¬
Sponsored

OP
OP
VeeKay10

VeeKay10

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Alright guys, I think Iā€™ll go with the resonated touring then, thanks!

OP
OP
VeeKay10

VeeKay10

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Should I go with a down pipe or no down pipe for the time being? Does anybody know just how loud the resonated touring is ??

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Should I go with a down pipe or no down pipe for the time being? Does anybody know just how loud the resonated touring is ??
Live with the stock one for a little first. May be enough sound for you. It is for me but everyoneā€™s different. Going with resonated sets you up for the future if you decide to get a new downpipe.

cbrummell

First Name
carson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 nitro yellow supra 3.0 premium
Should i get the non resonated or resonated, i want it to be loud but not obnoxious Honda fart can loud
i have the awe touring resonated i've run it with the stock downpipe & catless it sounded great with stock DP definitely louder than stock system and still quite on the highway or just cruising.

i now have it with a catless downpipe i even took it a step further and cut the lower half of the downpipe off and made it 3.5 inch so i would utilize the AWE 3.5 inch connection and get rid of the step down adapter they include with it to fit stock DP. its loud...

the AWE has helmholtz mufflers that are more like resonators. they do very little to lower total noise but massively help with drone and tone.

real canadian cold starts are loud but the car goes almost silent once the idle comes down and cruising around people will be able to tell its got something done but its not offensive.

if you floor it it will be loud. that simple if your worried about cops, i can say never been pulled over for my exhaust alone.

i get complimented on the exhaust daily i've also had 20+ b58 and supra owners say its the best one they have ever heard so take that for what you will.

cbrummell

First Name
carson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
if your undecided, there tons of video of my set up on my instagram 1stock_a90 under story highlights and mixed into some posts or just message me on there i'll send you some.

OP
OP
VeeKay10

VeeKay10

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
if your undecided, there tons of video of my set up on my instagram 1stock_a90 under story highlights and mixed into some posts or just message me on there i'll send you some.
Is there still potential to buy it non resonated then buy a catted dp if it still isn't enough? I think the non resonated is a solid move here

cbrummell

First Name
carson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is there still potential to buy it non resonated then buy a catted dp if it still isn't enough? I think the non resonated is a solid move here
non resonated is not the move. especially if your planning on adding a downpipe.

Turcktech

First Name
Esat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 supra
I live in greater Toronto area. I installed awe nonresonated touring along with aa catted dp and mst intake. Best sounding set up for me. When I see a cop around just turn back to normal drive mode and increase gear (stick shift) and it works. I love it

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23ā€™ 3.0 Base
Non resonated sounds better 100% on any downpipe with a cat. Catless? I would lean resonated. I made a post and comparison thread a while back. Just search my threads + awe

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23ā€™ 3.0 Base
I live in greater Toronto area. I installed awe nonresonated touring along with aa catted dp and mst intake. Best sounding set up for me. When I see a cop around just turn back to normal drive mode and increase gear (stick shift) and it works. I love it
This is my setup and 100% the best sound

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23ā€™ 3.0 Base
non resonated is not the move. especially if your planning on adding a downpipe.
Have you heard the non res? Itā€™s the best sounding one 100%. Iā€™ve had all three iterations

cbrummell

First Name
carson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Have you heard the non res? Itā€™s the best sounding one 100%. Iā€™ve had all three iterations
with a catted downpipe yes, non resonated is good. im catless so that's why i use the resonated awe pairs it this way as well but almost all versions on the AWE sounds good either way

OP
OP
VeeKay10

VeeKay10

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think I will be keeping the stock downpipe for now, I also happen to live in the GTA so I will go with non resonated for now and if I think it still isnā€™t enough I will go. With the AA catted downpipe as @Turcktech. Would anybody in the GTA mind sharing any other forms of contact such as IG? Thanks for your help everyone, great forum!

OP
OP
VeeKay10

VeeKay10

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yep, I am going to go with non res and maybe add a catted dp, definitely donā€™t want the catless firstly because of the legal issues and the smell !!
Sponsored