AMB BA 714

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16' civic
Hello,

I'm 99% sure i'll be getting a manual one of these hopefully Q1 of 2023. My biggest concern is can i daily this in the bay? I'm not worried about clutching in traffic, its getting into parking lots and parking garages with all our hills, and crazy steep entrance ramps(no issue with a stick, its gonna be #4).

I had a 16' S6 which said it was 5" of ground clearance, and i rarely scraped it, supra only have 4.5".

What am i in for? Will it be fine most of the time, and just avoid the obvious steep entrances, or will it be half of them?
Sponsored

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
You'll be fine for the most part if you remain on OEM ride height, the trickiest part is the long nose and front overhang. Lots of attacking at an angle to navigate tricky spots to prevent a scrape. Ride comfort is a different story though, especially depending on where in the Bay you are, 19th Ave in San Francisco might as well be akin to off-roading with the absolutely appalling state of the asphalt, not including the metal plates leading to harsh impacts.

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
you're in for a good time. if you plan on lowering your car, just know where you're going or use google maps to gauge, if you're staying OEM, you'll be fine for the most part, just know the dimensions of your car to not curb it.

krumpir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
On swift springs in the bay currently and have been everywhere from SF, San Jose, SC, Sonoma, etc. car is perfectly drivable even lowered. Drove a manual WRX that was lowered previously and stick isn’t a problem except on certain SF hills you can avoid with maps

s0_Salty-

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra, 09 STi, 2019 Subaru Ascent
If your keeping it stock height you'll be fine. I avoid going to the city but my wife works for ucsf mission bay and drives the car to work almost daily and it's lowered on hks springs and trust me my wife is not that good when goin in an angle and so far no scrape yet.

If anything just keep your eyes peeled when driving on the freeways. I run over debris more on the freeway than city driving mainly i80, ran over 2x2 wood which went in the middle of my front lip and bumper, ladder, trash bin, and some sort of garbage. Mostly in the early morning commute like 230am.
Sponsored