Best Absolute Zero paint matched touch up paint?

tomnook

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NX, 3.0 Premium
Got a nasty chip in the rear quarter panel and searched for some good touch up paint that matches the car. Ordered the OEM D01 touch up paint from the dealer but it looked a bit off and watered down. Inquired about Dr. Color chip but they only make solid basecoats and they don't have pearls in their touch up paint. Anyone else have success with touching up rock chips on their white cars?

IMG_3213.jpeg
Sponsored

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
I used Subaru pearl, and mixed in a tiny bit of grey. The Subaru was really bright on its own. A chip repair looks better on the dark side than too bright. I had some of the A80 code paint (the Supra's paint code is the same as the BMW glacier white metallic A80) that a local body gave me, but decided to make up my own touch up paint. I played with the stuff I made, and it turned out pretty good.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
I used Subaru pearl, and mixed in a tiny bit of grey. The Subaru was really bright on its own. A chip repair looks better on the dark side than too bright. I had some of the A80 code paint (the Supra's paint code is the same as the BMW glacier white metallic A80) that a local body gave me, but decided to make up my own touch up paint. I played with the stuff I made, and it turned out pretty good. If I get a chip again, I'm going to explore a matte white, and play a bit with that.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
There's mineral white A96 code BMW paint that's supposed to match.
But it's super difficult to do a good job especially on the plastic bumper and on a corner.
Bit of primer and minor sanding may be needed. That edge will require sanding.
Don't use the brushes that come with, don't even use a q-tip or even the micro applicators are not easy imho. They all apply too much, unless you have surgeons touch. Dab dab dab
I only saw one guy on YouTube do a great job with the back of a pencil with eraser (that is without enlarging the area).
Get like an acrylic paint brush set or get spray paint. Cover everywhere else....
I think automotivetouchup.com has both primer and paint in spray form...

Or try paint pen. That may be the easiest, cleanest...
GL.