Blackline Paddle Shifter

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
Figured I'd post this. I installed the Blackline Paddle Shifter 6 months ago. This morning the darn thing broke on me. (I heard a Plastic crack when I pressed towards the top of the shifter). The plastic housing of the shifter broke. It seems I can glue it back on without issues, but wondering if anyone else had this issue?

EDIT: it appears no plastic part actually broke, could very well be adhesive weakened over time

Yea, I know that pressing towards the top part puts more stress on the plastic bit holding it in place and I almost always try to avoid it, but even then, I've had the more expensive Autotecknic shifter on my m235i (same design) for years without an issue. I suppose with these just don't use the top parts of the shifter as it'll break the adhesive after use.

I doubt this item even has warranty. Should have spent more and gone with Autotecknic to begin with.

PXL_20220118_214643221.jpg

PXL_20220118_214337088.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Damn, never seen that, I have had mine for almost a year and beside needing to tighten them once right when I did my steering wheel been great. that worries me a lot, would hate to have that happen. Oh well if does i'll get the carbon ones I sell through my wheel company

OP
OP
starman

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
LOL, i just went to the garage to look at the other one and it just popped off with easy by applying a little pressure towards the top.

Well, the good news, looking at it is that i can easily glue it back together with some strong epoxy. To do it properly i'll need to remove the airbag and i remember that being a pain. I'm curious as to what the vender has to say about this first though.

It almost looks like that the plastic part (shown in the image) was once adhesive that didn't bond to the other plastic part well..... But why would it break now though? (perhaps colder temps. made it fragile -- it has been 20-30F here recently)

PXL_20220118_231654597.jpg

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I can definitely see how pressure on the top or bottom axis of the paddles would twist the adhesive pad just enough to start breaking the bond.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Damn that's disappointing but not surprising since all the garbage they sell is overpriced stick-ons lol

I'd hope they would warranty but their customer service is atrocious unfortunately

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Yeah even sales are final with them. Better off just getting a new set of slightly more pricey paddles.

OP
OP
starman

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
I never heard back from vendor, oh well.

I did glue with JB weld plastic/metal glue..it's on there better than before but didn't bother reinstalling it.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
I never heard back from vendor, oh well.

I did glue with JB weld plastic/metal glue..it's on there better than before but didn't bother reinstalling it.
Coming from an e-commerce background, I'm honestly shocked with how they get away with such awful service and policies and why well known people partner with them

Sorry to hear that :(

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Did you try reaching out on instagram? They’ve always responded promptly to me.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I bought mine through them before I learned I could get the same thing for $70

a91mia

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91
Just super glue the back of the paddle onto the piece. It’s not a huge deal. Be liberal with the glue and they’ll never fall off again!

OP
OP
starman

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
Just super glue the back of the paddle onto the piece. It’s not a huge deal. Be liberal with the glue and they’ll never fall off again!
I went with JB Weld Plastic to Plastic \ Plastic to Metal glue. I think 3,770 PSI of strength should be plenty! ?

51843868911_c42801bb10_b.jpg
Sponsored