JakeM

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra, '21 Lexus RX450H. '08 Lexus GX470
Vehicle Showcase
I received my Blaque Diamond Wheels and finally got a chance to take them in and get the new rubber mounted and balanced. I ordered the BDF18's in 20x9 front and 20x11 rear. I am running PS4S rubber in 255/35/20 front and 305/30/20 rear. (Edit: Car is stock height)

Firstly, I have to say that customer service was very good. However, I'm not a fan of how they choose to collect payment, as it's a paper form you fill out and send back to them. They do not have a secure online way to accept payment. Which, I'd much prefer not having to put payment info on a piece a of paper and then have it go back and forth via email which is far less than secure.

As far as the wheels themselves, lets get the con's out of the way first.

- In my opinion the finish is just barely sufficient. I had a nick on one of the wheels right out of the box (See the third picture posted). It was not from shipping as the packaging was in perfect condition and the wheels are packaged well. Also, when putting the wheels on I managed to knock some of the finish off with a thin wall socket and I was not using a impact of any kind. This was with hand tools only and trying to be careful.
- There are small imperfections on each wheel. However, they are small enough that you really have to be up close and personal to notice. I only noticed them when I was detailing the wheels before I installed them.

Now, for the good stuff.

- The price is very fair for these wheels. I don't know if it's fair to post what I paid as things are changing so quickly with raw material prices fluctuating on nearly everything so much these days. But I can tell you they were very reasonable, even considering the "cons".
- The design of the wheels is as good as they look in pictures. I am very happy with how they look on the car.
- They have a ton of options. They very likely have a design you want, in exactly the sizes and offsets you want, in very nearly whatever color you want (if you're willing to wait for it.)
- They are very light. Now, I did not weigh them but they were unexpectedly light considering the wheels size and width I'm running. Also considering they are not forged.
- The offsets they recommended were perfect, in my opinion.

Would I order from Blaque Diamond again? If I was looking for wheels in this price range, I would order from them again. Full disclosure, I also don't very much mind the finish as I plan on having mine powder coated over the winter. I didn't want to go without the wheels most of the summer so I chose to just order one of the standard colors so I didn't need to wait 4 weeks on top of the normal lead time. Overall I am very happy with the way the wheels look.

197948589_4191634464227255_5633957183320400608_n.jpg

198379967_4191634667560568_4440450886179334869_n.jpg

196562908_533212468039767_2757566373384899167_n.jpg
Sponsored

Okvilln

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Toyota Supra | 20' Audi S5 SB | 11' R8
Thanks for the review - I think there should be more threads like this for all the wheel brands. Would be helpful for those in the market for wheels. The nick on the wheels is a bummer. Overall nice looking setup.

OP
OP
JakeM

JakeM

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra, '21 Lexus RX450H. '08 Lexus GX470
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the review - I think there should be more threads like this for all the wheel brands. Would be helpful for those in the market for wheels. The nick on the wheels is a bummer. Overall nice looking setup.
I agree. As far as the nick, I didnā€™t even try to reach out to Blaque Diamond and I am willing to bet they would be helpful in this situation as they were spot on with everything else.

Blaque Diamond Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV
Thanks for your feedback @JakeM ! We always appreciate hearing from guys like you. As for your concerns, we will look into this and see how we can improve our service in the future

PalmettoPrecision

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Absolute Zero
Thanks for your feedback @JakeM ! We always appreciate hearing from guys like you. As for your concerns, we will look into this and see how we can improve our service in the future
We appreciate the involvement on the forum and the communicated desire to improve - the wheels look great.

That said, respectfully, wheels coming out of the box with nicks and coating failure from gentle and meticulous installation (I am assuming) is a huge turn off. If I loved them enough, Iā€™d powder coat them at a shop near me and be done but otherwise theyā€™d go back immediately.

Iā€™m looking at your collection now and enjoy many of the designs.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
We appreciate the involvement on the forum and the communicated desire to improve - the wheels look great.

That said, respectfully, wheels coming out of the box with nicks and coating failure from gentle and meticulous installation (I am assuming) is a huge turn off. If I loved them enough, Iā€™d powder coat them at a shop near me and be done but otherwise theyā€™d go back immediately.

Iā€™m looking at your collection now and enjoy many of the designs.
I agree. I was quoted 250 per wheel for special color that I wanted (on top of the regular price obviously) so if those came with any damage at all I imagine I would not be a happy customer. Shipped quote is pretty much what BC Forged charges for one piece forged wheels so I ultimately never pulled the trigger.

Blaque Diamond Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV
We really appreciate the feedback guys. We're terrible sorry if these things happen

Global shipping has been heavily stressed and perhaps this resulted in the nicks during transit.

We always ensure our wheels have proper quality control in place before leaving our warehouse, so issues like this should be quite seldom.

We would definitely be willing to assist you though!

Don't hesitate to reach us out through [email protected] or 818-362-2300
Sponsored

Last edited: