Boost Logic Exhaust Fitment Problems.

Madgavis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Just got my Boost Logic exhaust system installed. I'm having some fitment issues with the rear part of the exhaust. I had the fitment on the tips looking pretty decent, so I decided to take it for a test drive. I noticed a rattling sound, so I pulled over and noticed that the rear part of the exhaust still had a decent amount of play and the left tip melted into my diffuser. I'm second guessing myself if I did the install correctly, but it was pretty straight forward and I triple checked all my fittings. I know I did something wrong, I'm just not sure what it is. The exhaust came with some small rubber tubes and I can't figure out what they're for. I feel like the play is coming from the rubber grommets on the rear exhaust hangers. I don't remember the stock exhaust moving around that much after I did my downpipe install, so I'm thinking I did something wrong reinstalling the exhaust hangers. I did the install on a lift, and I checked for exhaust leaks and I didn't have any, so I know all my exhaust brackets are tightened down good. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sponsored

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
I think you're the 2nd person this week saying this exhaust was melting the diffuser.

OP
OP

Madgavis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I think you're the 2nd person this week saying this exhaust was melting the diffuser.
That sucks. I didn't know this system had those issues. Overall its a great exhaust system, the build quality is excellent and it sounds insane in my opinion. My system didn't come with any instructions, which is fine but I would have liked some documentation or install tips to maybe avoid something like this from happening.

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
I could make it three.....

I need to spread the exits apart about a 1/4-3/8" they are narrower centre to centre than the openings.

I also played with dropping them down by using spacers under the hangers

IMG_5640_LI_zpskokto5xb.jpg

Starting to really love this exhaust & what it adds to the car :cool:

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Ouch you can see how it's sitting on the diffuser... I would be pissed with how much it costs

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
Ouch you can see how it's sitting on the diffuser... I would be pissed with how much it costs
I just went out & moved the exits around again, I will get under & move one of the mid pipes sometime

I notice from a pic the newer ones seem to have slip joints in the rear section so you could make the exits wider apart ?

OP
OP

Madgavis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I just went out & moved the exits around again, I will get under & move one of the mid pipes sometime

I notice from a pic the newer ones seem to have slip joints in the rear section so you could make the exits wider apart ?
I also realized that the rear section has slip joints in it. When you make adjustments to that section it helps alot. It's still not a perfect fit but it keeps the tips off of the diffuser. The part that threw me off is the exhaust came with two options to keep the rear section of the exhaust from moving, which was a set of springs and set of regular exhaust clamps. I installed the springs at first and didn't realize that adjustments needed to be made to the rear part of the exhaust because it comes with brackets welded to it specifically for the springs. So my thought was that the springs were supposed to go there and nothing else. I didn't figure it out until after I got the exhaust installed that I needed to use the pipe clamps instead of the springs.

VfYqOnv.jpg

4Zj2ZYi.jpg

CIeMPZe.jpg

rLxfzMW.jpg

wy40nvN.jpg

I also just wanted to say that even though I had problems with fitment, I don't regret my decision with this exhaust at all. I have a titan motorsports catless downpipe with this system and it is beyond awesome. Videos don't do it justice. I honestly wish I would have done it sooner.

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
I also realized that the rear section has slip joints in it. When you make adjustments to that section it helps alot. It's still not a perfect fit but it keeps the tips off of the diffuser. The part that threw me off is the exhaust came with two options to keep the rear section of the exhaust from moving, which was a set of springs and set of regular exhaust clamps. I installed the springs at first and didn't realize that adjustments needed to be made to the rear part of the exhaust because it comes with brackets welded to it specifically for the springs. So my thought was that the springs were supposed to go there and nothing else. I didn't figure it out until after I got the exhaust installed that I needed to use the pipe clamps instead of the springs.

VfYqOnv.jpg

4Zj2ZYi.jpg

CIeMPZe.jpg

rLxfzMW.jpg

wy40nvN.jpg

I also just wanted to say that even though I had problems with fitment, I don't regret my decision with this exhaust at all. I have a titan motorsports catless downpipe with this system and it is beyond awesome. Videos don't do it justice. I honestly wish I would have done it sooner.
Mine doesn't have the springs & slip joints like yours

I will make mine fit & work, I'm a Kiwi, we are good like that :)

My diffuser is battered, bruised & melted but that's ok, I love the exhaust :cool:

Obviously it could be better but it is what it is

Rapheal

First Name
Rapheal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
The small rubber tubes are for the springs. To prevent them from rattling.

With how loud this exhaust is, even without inserting the rubber tubes, I doubt you will hear any rattling. :)
image_1017_1_5631_1_167_1_14_1_1_1_2_1_5196.jpg

Last edited:

KONG

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 1985 Supra, 2015 Tahoe, 2016 Corolla
Vehicle Showcase
Damn, I just did mine the other day and melted my Diffuser as well. It also hangs low which I do have a fix for, but might be limited

Attachments

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
Damn, I just did mine the other day and melted my Diffuser as well. It also hangs low which I do have a fix for, but might be limited
Whoa, yours melted it from that far away? Why is it hanging low?

I get mine tomorrow, nervous about this now, haha. I had a couple things to try, if anyone else also wants to.
1) Sticky heat shielding to put on the plastic edge. https://www.designengineering.com/floor-tunnel-shield-ii-10-x-10/
Was originally looking for heat reflective tape, but I called the company and they advised me to do this instead, since the tape may have issues sticking to plastic. I'm not sure this one is going to work / look ok.
2) Cerakote the tip exterior black, hopefully the insulation cools it enough. I was going to try it with just the blue first, but if it's melting diffusers so easily, maybe I should just wait and coat it first...

KONG

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 1985 Supra, 2015 Tahoe, 2016 Corolla
Vehicle Showcase
Whoa, yours melted it from that far away? Why is it hanging low?

I get mine tomorrow, nervous about this now, haha. I had a couple things to try, if anyone else also wants to.
1) Sticky heat shielding to put on the plastic edge. https://www.designengineering.com/floor-tunnel-shield-ii-10-x-10/
Was originally looking for heat reflective tape, but I called the company and they advised me to do this instead, since the tape may have issues sticking to plastic. I'm not sure this one is going to work / look ok.
2) Cerakote the tip exterior black, hopefully the insulation cools it enough. I was going to try it with just the blue first, but if it's melting diffusers so easily, maybe I should just wait and coat it first...
I dont know 100% how it melted it, however, they supplied me with the wrong clamps and the exhaust tubing kept popping off which might have made the main part of the exhaust tilt into the bumper. I cannot be certain, but it makes the most sense to me. They did sent me the correct clamps without issue and i got them pretty fast.
As for it hanging low, I'm gonna try and put a hose clamp around the rubber hanger. Hopefully that lifts it up a bit