Brake fluid - dealership or independent shop?

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
I'm getting close to 36 months which is time to do the brake fluid. How hard of job is this? Any issues going to a good independent shop vs dealership? If I go with dealership, I'd probably make the somewhat long trip down to Toyota of Puyallup as @GoldenEye recommended them and they sound competent. This is assuming they can do the job in one day and not keep the car overnight (seems like they should be able to?).

Otherwise, I assume this is something Bimtech could do, although I've never had any luck getting in contact with them through their email.. that said IG or just driving over might work. Alternatively, mShop in Kirkland presumably does brake fluid (they have done a good job on my wheels / alignment) but haven't checked if they have done a Supra before - I guess that comes back to if this job is tricky or not.
Sponsored

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
This is the sort of stuff kids often learn before they actually start any formal training. Hydraulic brakes are on everything with wheels and brakes.

Basic maintenance such as this can be done by literally anyone as it’s a universality across the industry. You should be fine taking it anywhere. Bleeding brakes literally just takes a single box wrench, brake fluid and something to contain the old fluid.