Dancam73

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra Pro 3.0
Hi all,

Recently took delivery of my 3.0 Pro and was curious if anyone else has noticed a funny feeling on the brake pedal?

Basically there appears to be a notch or a grabby click sensation at the time you initially put your foot on the brake pedal. It is felt under my foot, almost like there is some resistance when you first apply the brake pedal. If i lift off and then reapply the brake pedal the feeling is then normal and smooth as id expect it to be.

The car has still only done 500 miles so may go away but it is becoming ever more noticeable.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers
Sponsored

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
Hi all,

Recently took delivery of my 3.0 Pro and was curious if anyone else has noticed a funny feeling on the brake pedal?

Basically there appears to be a notch or a grabby click sensation at the time you initially put your foot on the brake pedal. It is felt under my foot, almost like there is some resistance when you first apply the brake pedal. If i lift off and then reapply the brake pedal the feeling is then normal and smooth as id expect it to be.

The car has still only done 500 miles so may go away but it is becoming ever more noticeable.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers
Prior to around 1000 miles, my breaks were very "grabby" and inconsistent. In addition, a couple of the rotors had an uneven area of pad material deposited on them. Eventually they bedded in properly (threw in a few aggressive stops which helped speed up the process) and the pad deposits were gone.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Could be feeling the switch (for when car detects you are stepping on the brake pedal to start the car) or possible air in the hydraulic?

My STI and WRX both share the clutch and brake fluids and there's this audible and feel-able click on both cars when I initially apply brakes so not sure if I'm too use to it.

OP
OP
Dancam73

Dancam73

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra Pro 3.0
...now you mention it, it does actually feel like a switch. Is this normal?

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
...now you mention it, it does actually feel like a switch. Is this normal?
I think so. I mean it doesn't affect your brake application, right?

OP
OP
Dancam73

Dancam73

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra Pro 3.0
I think so. I mean it doesn't affect your brake application, right?
Correct, there's nothing wrong with the performance of the brakes. It just feels a very odd everytime i depress the pedal. Had high powered cars before but never felt a pedal like this. I'll see what its like with a few more miles on the clock.

Cheers
Sponsored