OP
OP
muckduck

muckduck

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 95 Supra TT, 2008 T4R
Just got it back from PPF + Ceramic. Going to see track duties so wanted to protect the paint.
I also took off the stripe. Ordered an OEM one in case I want to put it back, but I am never a big fan of stripes on anything. I like it much better with the clean look.

PXL_20210305_030912610.jpg
PXL_20210305_030923381.jpg

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
Now that's funny, i'm looking for the Blue A91 right now and I too had a ND RF Miata (though not in white). While a bit slow, that car always put a smile on my face when driving it - i've owned faster cars in the past, but the Miata ND was just such a blast to drive on public roads and on the track [I loved the throw of the stick shift on that car from the factory]. I absolutly loved the factory Recaro seats as well. If it weren't for someone side-swiping me on the road, i'd still have it :( .

It's going to be hard to transition to an Auto, which I hadn't owned in ages, but i guess I have no choice as I love the way the Supra looks and sounds. (and i'm also coming from an M2, so quite familiar with the characteristics of a BMW)

Question for you Ex\Current Miata ND owners (especially the RFs); While the Miata is smaller, it felt better to look out of the front (even though the RF had a blind spot on the driver side) ; did y'all get use the visuals from the windshield?

49663307336_acd2032f0a_c.jpg

49662772088_06d7fd7b6b_c.jpg

OP
OP
muckduck

muckduck

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 95 Supra TT, 2008 T4R
Now that's funny, i'm looking for the Blue A91 right now and I too had a ND RF Miata (though not in white). While a bit slow, that car always put a smile on my face when driving it - i've owned faster cars in the past, but the Miata ND was just such a blast to drive on public roads and on the track [I loved the throw of the stick shift on that car from the factory]. I absolutly loved the factory Recaro seats as well. If it weren't for someone side-swiping me on the road, i'd still have it :( .

It's going to be hard to transition to an Auto, which I hadn't owned in ages, but i guess I have no choice as I love the way the Supra looks and sounds. (and i'm also coming from an M2, so quite familiar with the characteristics of a BMW)

Question for you Ex\Current Miata ND owners (especially the RFs); While the Miata is smaller, it felt better to look out of the front (even though the RF had a blind spot on the driver side) ; did y'all get use the visuals from the windshield?
Nice car! The Miata was fun for sure and I love slow cars. I'll probably own another S2000 or ND2 MX5 someday to go along side the Supra.

For your direct question, I got used to it. The nose is a bit longer, but I liked the low, cockpit feeling of the Supra over the M2 I was cross shopping. It is a bit bigger than the Miata though and the blind spots don't really impact me as much as I thought it would. No complaints here about visuals for a small car (now I maybe just have more realistic expectations)! My 993 had 0 blind spots though lol.

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
The ND2 is sexy... i miss my miata and love the ND2, the only reason i pulled the trigger on the ND1 was because Mazda told me that they didn't plan on bringing the recaro seats to the US. What liars....
Sponsored