Can anyone recommend suitable engine oil for Ozzie conditions?

Jediyogi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR A90
Looking for suitable engine oil with oil filter for Australian road conditions (not tracked)

Appreciate any feedback thx
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jediyogi

Jediyogi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR A90
From some of the forum posts on warmer climates they recommend a heavier weight like 5W-30 hence the question

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
If you're not tracking, you'll be fine with the stock oil even in higher ambient temps. Without actual empirical data on oil pressures+temperatures, there's really no point in just guessing on diff oil weights for the hell of it, as is the pastime of so many forum dwellers. Your car will run just fine on the factory oil, it was tested in your ambient temps as well as absurdly cold climates as well.

fireball

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90
Just installed the mishimoto catch can kit today and decided to change the oil and oil filter whilst we were at it. When i inquired about a oil filter via the toyota dealer where i bought the car they said they had none !

A quick search found a toyota dealer with 2 in stock but the dealer was a 1hr drive from where i live so the parts department suggested ringing BMW. low and behold they have stock of a z4m40i filter. Toyota charges $24 for the oil filter. BMW $35 for essentially the same thing :doh:. Toyota oil charges $126 for a 5L bottle incidentally and you need 6.5L for an oil change.

Whilst i was at BMW i inquired what they used for oil and he replied that they used castrol edge 0w-40 . I ended up using Penrite enviro+ 5w-40 oil
Sponsored