Engine Misfire?

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I was checking my car for codes with the OBDLink, and when I checked the "On-board Monitoring", I saw this:

Screenshot_20220607-175926.jpg

Are the cylinders actually misfiring? I haven't had any codes or anything.

The reason I originally checked was because I thought I felt a very very tiny "pause" when I accelerated, but nothing I thought to be that significant.

Has anyone ever used the "on-board monitoring", on the OBDLink app, that can elaborate?
Sponsored

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
Thatā€™s normal. All cars Iā€™ve owned have had occasional misfires in that range. My Supra included. Nothing to be worried aboutā€¦ unless itā€™s an Audi S3 engine that has over 50 misfires in a 15 minute driveā€¦

OP
OP
calmeda1

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I did a quick 2 minute drive to test the mass flow sensor and it had no reading:

Screenshot_20220607-200212.jpg

I also checked the o2 sensor #1 and it had no voltage:

Screenshot_20220607-200405.jpg

Is any of this normal?

OP
OP
calmeda1

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thatā€™s normal. All cars Iā€™ve owned have had occasional misfires in that range. My Supra included. Nothing to be worried aboutā€¦

That makes me feel a bit better. I'm still curious if the MAF sensor is something I should look at. I put a brand new K&N filter over a month ago, and I noticed today that it released a lot of oil (bottom of the airbox). Fortunately, there was no sign of any going towards the engine , but maybe the oil vapors could damage the MAF sensor?

Again there's no code that the car is showing, so everything appears "allright". I just get nervous when there's anything even slightly off

Last edited:

Cheesedawg

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
99% of the time randomly pulling codes and hunting for problems when there is no CEL or drivability issues will just have you scratching your hear and running in circles. There would be an check engine light and serious problems if your sensors actually stopped working.

Last edited:
OP
OP
calmeda1

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
99% of the time randomly pulling codes and hunting for problems when there is no CEL or drivability issues will just have you scratching your hear and running in circles. There would be a check engine light a serious problems if your sensors actually stopped working.

True, thanks for clearing that up!
Sponsored