Extended warranty?

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Extended warranties are generally a bad bet IMHO. If the car's too expensive to fix then you bought too much car. Double bad with this particular car in that warranty service is through dealership and dealership service on this model has not proven solid due to its BMW heritage. YMMV.
Sponsored

REDLINE

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT350
Hey guys, glad this thread exists. I just picked up a new supra and am too in the market for an extended warranty. Here is my reason: I track the car about 2 times a month. I wish I got an extended warranty when I had my gt350, cause tracking does a lot more wear and tear on the car. My starter went out twice due to heat soak. 1st one was covered under bumper to bumper. Unfortunately, the 2nd wasn’t since my bumper to bumper had run out and a starter is considered electrical. The other things that went out were transmission, crank position sensor, crank position wire snapped due to vibration, ac and etc.

I’m worried that bushings, hoses, and general driveline/electrical will wear out quicker due to track conditions (mind you, I tend to keep my cars stock except for tires
might go for something a wee bit more aggressive)

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Hey guys, glad this thread exists. I just picked up a new supra and am too in the market for an extended warranty. Here is my reason: I track the car about 2 times a month. I wish I got an extended warranty when I had my gt350, cause tracking does a lot more wear and tear on the car. My starter went out twice due to heat soak. 1st one was covered under bumper to bumper. Unfortunately, the 2nd wasn’t since my bumper to bumper had run out and a starter is considered electrical. The other things that went out were transmission, crank position sensor, crank position wire snapped due to vibration, ac and etc.

I’m worried that bushings, hoses, and general driveline/electrical will wear out quicker due to track conditions (mind you, I tend to keep my cars stock except for tires
might go for something a wee bit more aggressive)
I hear ya brother and that’s exactly why I don’t want an extended warranty. I’m going to track mine as well. Not if but when a stock part breaks, I don’t want it replaced with that same inferior stock part. Usually there is a non stock option and a dealer warrantee won’t pay for that. SPL links, bushings, control arms, etc.
Just food for thought.

REDLINE

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT350
I hear ya brother and that’s exactly why I don’t want an extended warranty. I’m going to track mine as well. Not if but when a stock part breaks, I don’t want it replaced with that same inferior stock part. Usually there is a non stock option and a dealer warrantee won’t pay for that. SPL links, bushings, control arms, etc.
Just food for thought.
That’s actually a pretty legit reason. Hmmm
Definitely have to give it some thought
Sponsored