External add-on CD Player with USB Plug and Play

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
On the subject of flac...

Is there like a correct way to arrange the files on the usb so that you get album art and that it all properly arranged in the correct order?
It will automatically order by track number if you've ripped with ID3/4 tagging and embedded album art will also be displayed. If not embedded, any "cover.jpg" "folder.jpg" etc. will be used, just put in the root of the album folder. Anything over 800X800 in size is wasted however. Alternatively just append the tract number to the file name and put in album folders and it should work as well.

Side note - if you search by artist and select an album - it puts the tracks in alphabetical order :dunno: however, if you start playing a track and then switch to cover flow and select that album... now they're sorted in proper track order. They may have fixed this in an update I haven't gotten yet however.

On file formats and size.

Can't find my post on image sizes and formats, but IIRC it would display up to 2000X2000 sized files as long as they were smaller than ~1MB but the "cover flow" version is smaller than 600X600 since it fits with space on the screen. There are several free utilities for editing tags on files as well as batch updating. The software I use to rip/transcode/etc. includes it already so I just use that when I need to... but it also automatically grabs and resizes album images during the ripping process so it's rarely used.
Sponsored

Last edited:

chuckyl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata Nd, Stinger Base and 2021 Supra
CD player
Has anyone installed it? Pictures please. Thanks

GoldenEye