Fellow vet, save some disablity for the rest of us! LOL

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
Kudos to that Veteran. I'm at 90% myself, but I actually like working and 100% + SSDI would be a pretty huge pay cut vs 90% + mechanical engineering job.

I agree, the license plate is a little braggy, but so what. That veteran is a PFC now and it's a free country...for now...

That said, reddit truly is the cess pool of the internet. I felt dirty just clicking that link. 😆

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 Ascent Touring
OP
OP
FnkDrSpok

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
Kudos to that Veteran. I'm at 90% myself, but I actually like working and 100% + SSDI would be a pretty huge pay cut vs 90% + mechanical engineering job.

I agree, the license plate is a little braggy, but so what. That veteran is a PFC now and it's a free country...for now...

That said, reddit truly is the cess pool of the internet. I felt dirty just clicking that link. 😆
Who said you couldn’t work? Unless you’re over 70% in any one category, you should be able to work with a collective 100%.

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Who said you couldn’t work? Unless you’re over 70% in any one category, you should be able to work with a collective 100%.
Suprise to no one, that's what the comp and pen idiot at the VA told me when I was trying to increase from 50% 10 years ago. Why am I not surprised that that's a bunch of BS.

Well, I have documented burn pit exposure and a bunch of pulmonary issues as a result so maybe this PACT act stuff will bring me over 100%.

OP
OP
FnkDrSpok

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
Suprise to no one, that's what the comp and pen idiot at the VA told me when I was trying to increase from 50% 10 years ago. Why am I not surprised that that's a bunch of BS.

Well, I have documented burn pit exposure and a bunch of pulmonary issues as a result so maybe this PACT act stuff will bring me over 100%.
I was originally 90 too. May not be a bad idea to revisit. I went with a company (paid) but they got me the 100, with no individual category being over 70. So I have quite a bit under my jacket to sum up the collective 100. That pay bump plus other perks is hard to pass up once you hit 100.

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was originally 90 too. May not be a bad idea to revisit. I went with a company (paid) but they got me the 100, with no individual category being over 70. So I have quite a bit under my jacket to sum up the collective 100. That pay bump plus other perks is hard to pass up once you hit 100.
I sent you a PM about all of this.

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You can work unlimited with 100% also UNLESS it's annotated that your disability causes you inability for normal employment

If you draw SSD, that will limit your additional working income to about $1,000 a month without them coming after you

also look into combat related special compensation if you're combat related

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You can work unlimited with 100% also UNLESS it's annotated that your disability causes you inability for normal employment

If you draw SSD, that will limit your additional working income to about $1,000 a month without them coming after you

also look into combat related special compensation if you're combat related
Good info, thank you.

Yes, I spent 2 years in Iraq in the early 2000s and pretty much everything that's wrong with me is a result of it.

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not familiar to this topic, what are those %'s you guys are talking about?
% of fucked up body, mind, soul, and life connected to military service

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not familiar to this topic, what are those %'s you guys are talking about?
The VA pays out disability compensation for injuries, illnesses, and wounds suffered while in the service. The military is a meat grinder that chews you up and spits you out, especially if you actually go to combat.

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oh shit lol
All part of the game. I'm 39 with the health problems of an 80 year old but I get paid about $10k a month tax free to not kill myself and survive as long as possible.

I did a lot more dumb shit than normal tho. So I get bonus broken parts.

Havoc5811

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra,1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
PM me on who you used to get you there. I'm getting the run around and tired of fighting these guys.
Sponsored